rF2 Renault Clio @ Croft Circuit - Monday 19th January 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i had a great time tonigth, i hadn't played rfactor 2 for ages and it felt good to play again.
I had a nice race, i just had to do a pitstop for fuel and i forgot to deacivate the damage repair from a incident early in the race, so i had a 4 second for fuel +24 for repairs. The race was fun, i was just cruising and had a lot fo fun, thank you for the race and congratulations to top3 and those who finished :thumbsup:

Had a fun race. Start from P4 with some paint rubbing with @Tapio Rinneaho but i stayed behind. After 2 or 3 laps i could make a move stick and was in P3 with a nice view at the battle for the lead. Then to leader made some contact and had gone sideways trough sunny out and one of the two, Tapio and myself went 3 wide into the complex. At the tight right hander i expected some contact from the other guys which i could catch. But then there was a second impact which made me spin.
After that i was in P10 or so and could recover quickly. Gained some positions and could always when i had fresh air ahead reduce the gap to the leader. And because @Aleksi Kivelä is such a great strategist i ended up in P5 with the podium in sight. :thumbsup:

Yet again, not a great race for me - too many mistakes. Nonetheless, the event in general was great fun! :D I had a couple of decent fights, in particular with @Jean-Michel Sanchez and @Xavier Poirel. For the last few laps of the race Xavier and I were nose to tail after I had caught up with him; I tried all that I could to get past (apologies for the couple of times we made contact) and eventually managed to do so on the penultimate lap.

The problem is that I lacked pace, and so I starting doing things wrong in an attempt to find some time - out braking myself and going too deep into corners, missing apexes, not paying attention to split times to get an idea of where I was losing time, nor was I particularly consistent. Got quite a bit to work on for the next race. :geek:

In spite of this, I enjoyed myself! You guys were all great, and we'll definitely have to do some more races like this soon. :thumbsup: Some nippy, front-wheeled drive racing is a bit different from the norm, but it's always good fun! Maybe we could also add a couple of other cars to the mix - the Opel Corsa and Seat Leon might work well. ;)

EDIT:
It was a shame about @Aleksi Kivelä and @Tapio Rinneaho running out of fuel on the final lap - sorry guys. However, I must admit that when I saw the two of you pulling over at the side of the track, behind one another, it did make me laugh - you looked like such a sorry sight, but it was quite comedic! :roflmao:

@Amedeo Fiorella sorry you couldn't get on last night. I didn't see your posts until after the race - if it happens again then just come on TS, and somebody will be there (in the rFactor 2 channel) to help you out. :) However, if you downloaded everything from the server, when logging in, it should have worked. Try accessing the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F458 server and see how that goes.

Last edited:
What a race. It was my first race on RD since a long time (too long :p) and I was not disappointed.

Qualification 5ème :
I saw a lot of fast guys, and 10min was short. I was not satisfied with my 2 first laps, I tried 2 other. First bad (I can't understand why), better time in second, but I miss a little my breaking on lasts curbs and I slightly improve my time.
Well fifth it's not too bad anywhere I think I was not the only one to improve, so I am content with what I have :p
But I'm happy to see my teammate first. Grats again Tony ;)

Race 2nd :
Start was hard but fair. I tried to manage with the guy in front and the other behind. But after some lap I can concentrate on front. I'm still fifth and I can follow without problems. I see there are good fighting in front and I stand ready to take advantage of the slightest opportunity.
This opportunity come and I can take the lead. But rapidly I see I'm slower than Teddy was second. He comes out faster than me, and brake better. Hoppefull Croft is a track where is hard to overtake with a good defense. But I've more and more difficulties with my font tires and Teddy was on me, I make a mistake and down at 6th. I can take the fourth. But rapidly I see I'm slower than Teddy who is 2nd. He comes out faster than me, and brake better. Luckily Croft is a track where is hard to overtake with a good defense. But I've more and more difficulties with front tires and Teddy is on me, I make a mistake and down at 6th. I can take the fourth after overtaking Tony who's in difficulties like me with his front tires (same setup :p). But Miroslav new 5th come fast on me. Less 10 min to go. And Miroslav is pretty sharp on his breaking compared to me. I try to keep trajectory and protect my breaking, but I'm on limit, my front tires are done, I understeer a lot and I have of big scares on each braking. The second and third stop without fuel (GG guys :p) and pass 2nd. I'm happy but I figure it's going to make a big motivation for Miroslav. But I keep the 2nd position until the finish. I see i've the best lap in race and i'm not regular. My setup was too aggressive and if it allowed me to turn quickly to the beginning (but I was blocked in fifth) from the half-race I was in trouble.
Grats Teddy for Win and Miroslav for third (one more lap and I think you will pass me ;) )

Thank everyone for racing. Daiman for the event, and Gijs for result chart ;)

And sorry for my bad english :p

Last edited:
In the fifth lap when I was in sixth position in the group I was hit from behind, my car spun and then overwhelmed me , I was in the position eighteen .
Then I could only advance to the tenth .
Anyway did not pace yesterday , I made a last minute change in the setup and it was not good.
Congratulations to the podium and thank the organization of the event and RD.

Last edited:
My escuses to Tapio Rinneaho and Simon Christmann . at our accident, I have not handled it well , and above all, I forgot to expect...
My escuses Yuri Kasdorp . I think it 's you that I hit when I came back on the track after my exit road. I did not see you because of a lack of visibility. You also forgot to wait for you ...
None of my accidents was voluntary.
This is my first real online race , I would make more attention to fairplay next time .. but it's not easy to drive in a group . This is just what I like to work .

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%