Renault Claims "Biggest Gains" Since Hybrid Introduction

Remi Taffin, the lead engineer who is in charge of the engine, said last year that they were working on a brand new engine for 2019 (and Alain Prost was really enthousiast about that).
Here we are.
Problem with it is that every year they make this claim which at least ‘till last season turns out to be only a continuation with the base of the engine of the season before. So instead of a revolutionary improvement it always turned out to be a rather small evolution of the design of the engine.

And yes, I really hope they finally do make a big step forward and they finally put the money where their mouth is! For a change not only words but also results.

Problem with it is that every year they make this claim which at least ‘till last season turns out to be only a continuation with the base of the engine of the season before. So instead of a revolutionary improvement it always turned out to be a rather small evolution of the design of the engine.

And yes, I really hope they finally do make a big step forward and they finally put the money where their mouth is! For a change not only words but also results.
That's the first time that i hear that. Do you have any sources where they claim that the 2018 engine is a brand new one?

I wish Liberty had the balls to push through with dropping of the Hybrid power plant, but I guess Merc & Ferrari had something to say about that, can't go losing out on all that engine lease revenue, what a joke, the circus is still going to be a circus just a different ring leader. So glad I have Aussie SuperCars to watch.

I wish Liberty had the balls to push through with dropping of the Hybrid power plant...

I've followed F1 for a couple decades now, and its now hit and miss when I see a weekend. The hybrid system flat sucks. It just sounds like like a mid revving vacuum cleaner. Now the cars for 2019 are a bit better than having that hideous front wing, but its offset with the butt ugly halo that hasn't grown on me.

The cars should be screaming in anger, not sounding like a street sweeper sucking up slag and marbles on the track.

And all you have found is a shitty website. You should have checked the informations provided because they are wrong. It's written in december 2016 and the statement for 2018 is wrong. It was for 2017. Vasseur left Renault in january 2017.
It's clearly inspired from this :
https://fr.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...-tout-nouveau-moteur-pour-2017-847824/847824/

They part from the old lotus engine (2014) in 2017.
https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017...017-f1-season-look-like-for-renaults-f1-team/

And they will part this year from the 2017 engine.

By the way Mercedes will have a brand new engine too, which is a surprised. AFAK they didn't talk about it last season.

And all you have found is a shitty website. You should have checked the informations provided because they are wrong. It's written in december 2016 and the statement for 2018 is wrong.

Almost every website is about loose quotes and statements. So in that regard you can say almost every F1 newssite is crap. But this gives interesting results.
https://www.google.com/search?q=renault+is+closing+the+gap
Just filter out the results since mid 2018.

I understand your view in defence of Renault. And maybe you’re take it more literally than my intention is. And maybe you even get a littlebit agitated because I’m Dutch. But thats fine.

In the end we both hope that Renault finds it way to the top rather sooner than later.

But I still will never like Abiteboul ;).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%