Rename a mod car?

Just wondered if this is possible

I drive the asr williams fw14 the previous update changed it from a paddle shift to a H pattern and I've really enjoyed using it. The latest update changes it back to paddle shift. Could I change the name of the current H shifter car and install the newer update enabling me to choose between the 2

Thanks

If you wnat to be open a data.acd file I found this tutorial youtube video that tells you how. It's a secret feature of the full version of Content Manager. Follow the video instructions carefully. When he says to keep clicking on version number KEEP CLICKING until the developer mode window pops up. Then you are in like Flint.
Hi, if I want to change the car name at the loading page after starting a game, which file do I need to change? I've put the page below. I have unpacked the car files and correct names in car.ini and ui_car.json. The car select menu shows the right name now, but the loading page still not. I want to change "Lync & Co" to "Lynk & Co". Please help me. Thanks!
1111.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, if I want to change the car name at the loading page after starting a game, which file do I need to change? I've put the page below. I have unpacked the car files and correct names in car.ini and ui_car.json. The car select menu shows the right name now, but the loading page still not. I want to change "Lync & Co" to "Lynk & Co". Please help me. Thanks!

You need to recompile the files back into an .acd file, or remove the .acd file and create an data folder and put all files there. Note, either way it will only work offline since most often there is an checksum check.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years