Removing the windscreen

Hello there, it would be nice to have an option to remove the windscreen.
I really dont like how it changes the colors and adds a yellowish tint.
Maybe its possible to mod it out ?

The whole game has a yellowish tint:

CZrFucy.jpg

Maybe your monitor isn't calibrated? Not really.

I just posted a screenshot comparison. You don't think either side of what I posted has a yellowish tint? If that is the case, how, exactly is your monitor calibrated?

Maybe i didnt make myself clear, it has the yellowish tint while driving from inside the car.... hence the windscreen. :)
When i am using other cameras the colors are fine.

The screenshot comparison I posted is, in case you missed that detail, taken from an external view...

I just posted a screenshot comparison. You don't think either side of what I posted has a yellowish tint? If that is the case, how, exactly is your monitor calibrated?

The screenshot comparison I posted is, in case you missed that detail, taken from an external view...

I think you are insulting my intelligence by telling me that i didnt notice the ss taken from external view.

My monitor is calibrated using an X-rite i1 Pro spectrophotometer by a professional and it covers ~98% of the sRGB spectrum.

I can see the difference of the right part of your screenshot compared to the left side, but what i am saying is that when i am driving from INSIDE the cockpit and looking out of the windscreen the colors are getting that yellowish look, while using outside cameras everything looks fine.
Maybe it is the time of day i am driving and the game is actually kind of simulating the sun hitting the windscreen? I don't know really.

I think you are insulting my intelligence by telling me that i didnt notice the ss taken from external view.

My monitor is calibrated using an X-rite i1 Pro spectrophotometer by a professional and it covers ~98% of the sRGB spectrum.

I can see the difference of the right part of your screenshot compared to the left side, but what i am saying is that when i am driving from INSIDE the cockpit and looking out of the windscreen the colors are getting that yellowish look, while using outside cameras everything looks fine.
Maybe it is the time of day i am driving and the game is actually kind of simulating the sun hitting the windscreen? I don't know really.

Find the texture that is responsible for the windscreen, and remove the yellow tint in photoshop.
Than save again..
That's how i do in rF when i don't like the windscreen color or darkness.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.8%