Resource icon

Misc Remove the Rising Sun Flag from Suzuka Circuit 3.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Having the military flag on display in this manner would be considered right wing and extremist in Japan. Most people in Japan only display the official flag on holidays. If you ever see someone with a sticker of the rising sun (military flag) or the official flag on their car then they are typically right wing extremists.

Beyond the fact that the flag isn't on display at the real track. For all that pine for accuracy this should be a no brainer. I contacted the track modder a while ago and explained this flag isn't at the real track, he didn't seem to care.

For track accuracy, it's good. I was wondering what that logo was until I recognized it.

I do enjoy how butthurt everyone gets over it. They should plaster it everywhere just for that reason.

Over here in Finland, our air force has been asked to remove certain 'offensive insignia' due to foreign commoners' association of it with an unrelated political party in a certain European country, which was formed decades after the symbol was adopted, and isn't even the same symbol. We keep it because it has history. ;)

I don't think that video's actually completely accurate. Well, I'm sure it's not accurate. We need to remember it appears to be a Korean video, and let's just say the countries around there are not completely honest with each other. The flag was adopted in the meiji-era, but I'm pretty damn sure that the symbol was used in that form before, during the Edo period absolutely for sure. Only some 300~ years before, but still.

IMO it's a political thing. Japan can't afford to let go of some things because it could be swallowed by outside forces. Not yet at least. There's so much pressure from outside to change, for the better or worse, that changing one thing will lead to another. One thing that comes to mind is in the Index series where the anime was forced to remove a character's rising sun design so that they can air it safely in China. Now it's very possible they will bend and remove other things as well, to keep in the market. If it's good or bad, you can decide. I don't like when an artist's vision needs to be tampered with to be "safe to show" just because of some symbol.

Anyway, I'm sure we all understand. It's not like the Japanese are hard-right militarists and have some kind of program to promote extreme-right radicalization. Maybe?!

But if it doesn't belong on the track, it's very weird why it was there in the first place. Maybe the track maker for the original track was ignorant and just decided to slap it on "because it looks cool"? :roflmao:
Somehow I doubt it's because of politics.

I agreed that question. So I decided make a simple skin for this version of the track.
But some other people's aggressive comments are based on "political" meaning, IMO
Oh, that's not what I think. I just commented about the video.

The mod is fine, if it's not supposed to be there. The mod is fine even if it's supposed to be there, you can do whatever. ;)

I do admit when I saw the brake markers' backside, I didn't even understand what it was at first. Seems very strange to have it on a brake marker. Maybe it's a generic object from some "Japan" objects pack?

Speaking about that, I saw some weird announcement by AC Japan last month about a Fuji Speedway release. I think this month. Maybe there's a chance we will see an official Suzuka too...

AC Japan last month about a Fuji Speedway release.
Oh, laser scan version and official from Fuji Speedway side one?
I am looking forward that content.
But the real race(Super GT) in suzuka,
There is no the Rising Sun Flag logo in the track
As only I saw on official youtube channel of Super GT.

Hi. All.

It's Simple.

In Korea, 'Rising Sun Flag' = 'Hakenkreuz Flag'

Has the Rising Sun emblem been used for a long time?

The same is true for the Hankenkreuz emblem.

It doesn't matter how long the emblem has been in use.

Just look at the emblem ...

It's a fact that there are peoples who think of humiliating history.

Want to see what you like while watching hakenkreuz in Asia?

I want to believe that very few people want that.

Whenever Koreans see "Rising Sun Flag" it makes them furious and heartbreaking. To the car enthusiast I do understand that since Japan has a great car culture such as "JDM" it's easy to see "Rising sun flag" printed on them (Liberty Walk bodykit would be great example). And I am aware of the fact that most people love the flag because of its design and symbolic means. But "Rising Sun Flag" is same as Nazi patterns to Korean. During the period when Japan occupied Korea, there where so many cruel experiment sacrificing Koreans. And so many innocent people were killed by cruel torture back then.. The Rising Flag is the flag that was used in that period. That's why Koreans have so much hate and anger whenever they see them. Japan is just denying everything that they have done and never have apologized. I'm not gonna get too deep in history here because there's ton of info out there. What you believe is your choice but Korea is trying to spread the fact.. So as a Korean this perticular mod is very welcome and I do hope people all over the world get to know the meaning of "Rising Sun Flag".. And don't get me wrong I don't hate Japan. I respect their car culture since I'm also a petrolhead. But every Korean just wants a sincere apology.. And we hope the world gets to know the true meaning of that flag.. Thats all

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing