General Remove reflection of objects (glare)

NitruousFab

25RPM
Apr 22, 2018
Hello All

I am fighting with to much glare on the objects like trees. Especially for trees and bushes as string object.

Any ideas how to remove this aggressive glare? Do i have to adjust it in kseditor?

Or any other tricks?

Best, Fab

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
String objects? Are you trying to make a track with Race Track Builder?

Glare is caused by the specular amount set for the material. For objects that would show no highlights in real life, life trees, grass, bushes, ksSpecular should be set to 0 in the ksEditor

NitruousFab

25RPM
Apr 22, 2018
Hi

Yes, RTB i know. But it works when you work parallel with blender and make your own objects. ;) Later when i am ready, i will start with blender only. But not at this moment. Still have to understand things in blender.

Hi, yeah, exactly what i was looking for. Tnx!

You don't like RTB? (ups, maybee i will start a discussion) ;)

Best, Fab

PS: To be honest, i miss a lot of stuff for terrain and edge oder vertex moving.. RTB is ok for the moment..

NitruousFab

25RPM
Apr 22, 2018
Question, is there a way to make it globally for all tree objects? I mean, if i have 1000 trees, ehm, .. :)

Best, Fab

EDIT: Found the way in XPacker. There you can set it to zero. Problem solved! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
If you are making trees, you should also set ksAlphaRef to about 0.5 if you want the trees to cast shadows on the ground.