Sounds Removal of resource requested. [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is how it sounds on my end:

I also copied the data.acd then, but it makes no difference.

Hi Peter, I see what’s going on. My mod for the cayman gt4 is currently only suitable for on board driving as I only drive in VR. I use the external parameters for real rev mode and tunnel sound.

I will add an additional version In the future for people that like third person view driving at the cost of real rev mode.

What I noticed in your video is that your inside car view is using the tunnel sounds. Normally the tunnels sounds should only activate in tunnels and high walls and if your are too close to the source emitting the sound(externally)

What you can do to fix this is press F1 and make sure you are inside the cabin (behind the steering wheel) like in the beginning of your video and move your seating positing a little. From what I can see it’s a little too close to the steering wheel. Try moving it a little to the back or front. This would avoid using the external tunnel sound.

Hi Peter, I see what’s going on. My mod for the cayman gt4 is currently only suitable for on board driving as I only drive in VR. I use the external parameters for real rev mode and tunnel sound.

I will add an additional version In the future for people that like third person view driving at the cost of real rev mode.

What I noticed in your video is that your inside car view is using the tunnel sounds. Normally the tunnels sounds should only activate in tunnels and high walls and if your are too close to the source emitting the sound(externally)

What you can do to fix this is press F1 and make sure you are inside the cabin (behind the steering wheel) like in the beginning of your video and move your seating positing a little. From what I can see it’s a little too close to the steering wheel. Try moving it a little to the back or front. This would avoid using the external tunnel sound.
Thanks for the upcoming version.

About the seat position: It worked for all other cars, mods and Kunos original.

Thanks for the upcoming version.

About the seat position: It worked for all other cars, mods and Kunos original.

Yeah. I use some parameters in a different way because I never use the original sounds nor any other sounds anymore in Assetto Corsa. I mainly created these sound mods for myself but because of massive requests I decided to share them.

I never had this issue in my own driving experience inside the cabin but then again, as I only drive in VR I don’t know the effects for people that don’t drive in VR. This would need some trial and error for future refinement.

I’ll add a second version to the mod without real rev mode in the future to make the mod more compatible for the main stream.

If you have the time check out my Huracan sound mod, this one doesn’t have the real rev mode option and is also suitable for third person view driving making it more compatible for main stream usage. A version like this will also become available for the GT4.

Hi Marti,
U wrote: "Tracks use the same parameters for these right and left walls as the tunnels. " Yeap. U R right. Please consider to rework your beautyfull street GT4' sound as new mod "Track-Only". Second one stays as "Street-Only".

Please do not forget about (ultra) low frequency ;-) for subwoofers. Start from 8...10 Hz should be fine for characteristic bruuuum, brummm... :D

Hi Marti,
U wrote: "Tracks use the same parameters for these right and left walls as the tunnels. " Yeap. U R right. Please consider to rework your beautyfull street GT4' sound as new mod "Track-Only". Second one stays as "Street-Only".

Please do not forget about (ultra) low frequency ;-) for subwoofers. Start from 8...10 Hz should be fine for characteristic bruuuum, brummm... :D

Thanks for the suggestion. I will consider it in the next update.

The subwoofer frequency is also a good idea. I can generate a tone at 10hz and add it as a second layer. Only thing is, I drive with a VR headset so I can’t test it.

Yeah. I use some parameters in a different way because I never use the original sounds nor any other sounds anymore in Assetto Corsa. I mainly created these sound mods for myself but because of massive requests I decided to share them.

I never had this issue in my own driving experience inside the cabin but then again, as I only drive in VR I don’t know the effects for people that don’t drive in VR. This would need some trial and error for future refinement.

I’ll add a second version to the mod without real rev mode in the future to make the mod more compatible for the main stream.

If you have the time check out my Huracan sound mod, this one doesn’t have the real rev mode option and is also suitable for third person view driving making it more compatible for main stream usage. A version like this will also become available for the GT4.
I tried the Huracan sound and it works much much better - and it sounds realy great, but also way too loud. What i can say is, that there is a difference between the "Camera Dash" and "Camera Cockpit".
Both are part of the F1 Camera. With "Camera Dash" i do not have the reverb, with "Camera Cockpit" reverb on the sound is really strong and steady. I notice it much with downrevs. reverbs length seems 1-2 seconds long. If its meant as the cabins reverb/reflections its too big, but i thinks its not meant to.

The subwoofer frequency is also a good idea. I can generate a tone at 10hz and add it as a second layer. Only thing is, I drive with a VR headset so I can’t test it.
Please do not worry about tests :) There are many "crazy" people U can adress this issue :D

P.S. Do you want to add a second layer with consistent freq. 10Hz ? or cut-off some downparts of current sound and lower them to 10...15 Hz? IMO second option would add some additional feeling when 10Hz will increase (of freq) to .. 20Hz when higer RPM occour. What do U think?

Hi, I think that maybe you can remove all additional sound effects when bands, tunnel etc. from your mod? It should give us pure sound mod more realiable for open-air tracks. Would you?

Not sure if this has been already covered, but I'm hearing some engine sounds that I'm pretty shouldn't be played at those moments. Here's a video: https://streamable.com/swaf0 I know it's a bonnet view but I heard those from the inside as well.

Hi, yeah that is the real rev mode you are hearing. This mod for now is only suitable for (vr) cockpit. Future updates of the mod will remove the real rev mode.

Bonnet view uses external samples which contains the samples from real rev mode.

Hit f1 and make sure you drive inside the cockpit with steering wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%