Remapping gear up/down still does not work (handi)

Hi
I reinstalled AMS2 to check if the latest update fixed this showstopper bug for me, on a CSL Elite. Nope, still does not work.
I basically have a left hand handicap so I can't gear down with the left paddle
So I just remap it to a button on the right side, usually, my right thumb.
This works in every other racing game. But not AMS2.
It registers the new button input fine in the settings menu, but once I go back to the car, nope, only left paddle registers for gear down. I've tried other mapped buttons for gear down, they just don't work.
Does anyone know how to fix this once and for all ? By editing some config file maybe.
I just can't play the game properly if I can't remap gear down.
Thanks

From experience with trying to setup a sequential shifter as well as paddles, you can try the "custom" setting for the wheel rather than the CSL preset. You need to reassign all inputs and buttons but it should work.

It seems to be a Madness engine problem Laurent, as the same happens in Project Cars 2. I have problems with my legs and have to use hand operated controls these days. I find it easier not to have to brake and change down with the same hand, so have switched the paddles to upshift with the left and downshift on the right. This just doesn’t work with the CSW2.5 option; the paddles assign okay in the menu, but just don’t work in game. Switching to the custom wheel option fixes this, but it does mean that you lose the facility to pause the game with the ‘p’ key.

I didn't have any success with JoyToKey myself.

Last edited:
From experience with trying to setup a sequential shifter as well as paddles, you can try the "custom" setting for the wheel rather than the CSL preset. You need to reassign all inputs and buttons but it should work.
this is correct, i have a dd1 and that is the way i was able to resolve it.. custom wheel. and remap everything and save it. was a huge problem for me but now is resolved cause of this.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back