Released: Vauxhall Cavalier BTCC 1993 for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
btcc cava.jpg
Updated to version 0.8, Brownninja97 has made available to download in the RaceDepartment Downloads section his epic version of the 1993 British Touring Car Vauxhall Cavalier for Assetto Corsa.

Piloted by BTCC legend and twice Champion John Cleland, the Vauxhall Cavalier achieved much success during the SuperTouring era of the BTCC, making its debut in the championship in time for the start of the 1990 season and eventually retiring as a works entry to make way for the new Vectra model at the start of '97.

This latest addition uses the V5 tyre model in Assetto Corsa, and contains physics created by Brownninja97, Fordman & Chaos_Mouse.

Sitting alongside the excellent 1998 Nissan Primera produced by Patrik Marek, SuperTouring cars are slowly making their way into modern day sims!

The Vauxhall Cavalier BTCC 1993 for Assetto Corsa can be downloaded here.

Credits
Modeling:
Malagoli
Skins: NWRAP-ESP
Physics: Brownninja97 & Fordman & Chaos_Mouse
Sounds: Fordman
Misc: Brownninja97
Bugs: brownninja97
Testing: BBO@BSR; P1lot, Chaos_Mouse
Black Rims: BBO@BSR

Have you tried the 1993 Cavalier yet? Want to see more 90's spec SuperTourers in Assetto Corsa? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx for mod .. any reliable data source for physics or just drive and feel finetuning ?
Unless you have the most perfect, god-given physics simulation engine then I think this is an extremely moot point and extremely overrated. Plug in all those "realistic" numbers into AC, PCars, RF2, RF1/SCE, NKP, LFS, IR, RBR, etc. and all those cars will still drive conpletely different from eachother. You can even go further and mention each iteration of those games' physics (physics updates, updated or new tyre models, etc.) and all those "identical" cars within the same game (but different version) will drive differently, let-alone actual other games.

I'm not saying to just forget about real data and just put a bunch of random numbers into a sim and play and mix-and-match random numbers until you like how the cars behave (although I'm not against that if the end-result of the vehicle's dynamics and kinematics are realistic relative to what the particular game's physics engine is ultimately capable of).

Just like to add, this cannot race or sit along side the 1998 BTCC Nissan Primera. Totally different era, engine, power, tyres, gearbox, I could go on, the Nissan is in a totally different Class.

From my point, the gear ratio has been done via real data(researched, I did the gearing) and has been verified. BN97 has a source close to him, but also don't forget, BN97 has picked this up, and is trying to progress it further, as the original creator doesn't have time.

For the "original" physics settings we would have to ask the creator

firstly holy crap something im a part of got on the news section
thanx for mod .. any reliable data source for physics or just drive and feel finetuning ?
yes i got details from a few sources and a few teams all of which wished to remain anonymous. i got a ton of useful information out of them and a lot of that is reflected in the actual car
Just like to add, this cannot race or sit along side the 1998 BTCC Nissan Primera. Totally different era, engine, power, tyres, gearbox, I could go on, the Nissan is in a totally different Class.

From my point, the gear ratio has been done via real data(researched, I did the gearing) and has been verified. BN97 has a source close to him, but also don't forget, BN97 has picked this up, and is trying to progress it further, as the original creator doesn't have time.

For the "original" physics settings we would have to ask the creator
the "original" physics are from the primera, they were just placeholders because malagoli wanted to get the car at a drivable level before he left modding. i kept telling myself that id get it up to a good level and i finally forced myself to do it. ill tell you the constant tyre changes nearly made me rip my hair out.

Just like to add, this cannot race or sit along side the 1998 BTCC Nissan Primera

Jamie Wall gave it a go in the 1997 season... ;)

firstly holy crap something im a part of got on the news section

You deserve it mate :thumbsup: Great job all you guys did to make this thing come to life. Its always nice to see popular content coming to sims, the Super Touring Car era was a golden age of motorsports, I was lucky enough to attend dozens of races "back in the day" and still manage to get to a fair few of the newly formed classics series running these cars (oh to see John Cleland in his original Vectra running down the Craner Curves flat chat... man that brings all the memories flooding back :) ).

Like I said, great job and thank you for bringing this car to Assetto Corsa, it literally has given me a reason to fire the game back up again.

Now if you would be so kind as to turn your attention to creating the Mondeo, Laguna, Accord, Vectra, S40, A4, 406, 320i.... :roflmao::D

Cheers,

Paul (I like Tin Tops)!

Now if you would be so kind as to turn your attention to creating the Mondeo, Laguna, Accord, Vectra, S40, A4, 406, 320i.... :roflmao::D

Cheers,

Paul (I like Tin Tops)!

sadly i dont have plans for anymore golden era touring cars, ill offer my help to patrick marek with his btcc cars if he needs helps, for now im focusing on a GT1 nissan(not the r390) and a GT300 subaru legacy

Cheers,

Paul (I like Tin Tops)!
I wish we could mate, but neither myself or BN97 are modellers. I have asked so many times for the Mondeo, but the "king of tin tops creator" Sir Patrick Marek doesn't like the mondeo :cry: so all I can hope for is somebody else does, or as Kunos has the Ford License, they will do it :D

PS - I love tin tops, grass routes and BTCC as well

Mate, I and countless others are just grateful for anything anyone does, no matter how big or small to continue bringing great cars to these sims. In an ideal world I would have the time and skill to produce some stuff myself but sadly I'm a bit dense with computers :D

If that was the case I would sooooooo do the BTCC from 94 - 99 ;)

Cheers

Hi Paul & team,

Whilst I'm honestly flattered that you've used one of my screenshots from the thread on the Assetto Corsa Official Forums in your post, I'm a little dissappointed that no credit was given and no one bothered to at least hoy me a PM to ask to use it. Just a simple 'pic by hashegotabeard' would of suffice if there's no way to contact me.

I know it may not seem much but it's content I've created, same as all the others that were credited for their effort in the same post. Whilst I'm sure my time spent on the pic pales in comparison to mod creators it wasn't simply a quick F12 jobby. I have to set up each shot manually and ACs camera/photo controls are a bit fiddly.

If people really liked my screen they maybe interested in other stuff I've done. Unlike, say, a youtube link/embed however; which provides a link to the original creator; the way you've used my picture means theres no way people can associate it with me.

I absolutely love the mod and everyone's work towards bringing as much SuperTouring content as possible to AC. I'm more than happy if my images can help promote these mods BUT I am in no way affiliated with the mod team and as such should be considered a seperate entity, therefore recquire seperate credit.

It was not my original intention, when posting in the mod thread at AC forums, for my images to be used publicly; though I'd of have had no issue had either party asked. I support the work of both the modding team and racedepartment (of which I regulary recommend as the best place for users to get AC and Dirt Rally content).

Going forward, please seek the permission of content creators or at least credit them if you are going to use their stuff.

Hi Paul & team,

Whilst I'm honestly flattered that you've used one of my screenshots from the thread on the Assetto Corsa Official Forums in your post, I'm a little dissappointed that no credit was given and no one bothered to at least hoy me a PM to ask to use it. Just a simple 'pic by hashegotabeard' would of suffice if there's no way to contact me.

I know it may not seem much but it's content I've created, same as all the others that were credited for their effort in the same post. Whilst I'm sure my time spent on the pic pales in comparison to mod creators it wasn't simply a quick F12 jobby. I have to set up each shot manually and ACs camera/photo controls are a bit fiddly.

If people really liked my screen they maybe interested in other stuff I've done. Unlike, say, a youtube link/embed however; which provides a link to the original creator; the way you've used my picture means theres no way people can associate it with me.

I absolutely love the mod and everyone's work towards bringing as much SuperTouring content as possible to AC. I'm more than happy if my images can help promote these mods BUT I am in no way affiliated with the mod team and as such should be considered a seperate entity, therefore recquire seperate credit.

It was not my original intention, when posting in the mod thread at AC forums, for my images to be used publicly; though I'd of have had no issue had either party asked. I support the work of both the modding team and racedepartment (of which I regulary recommend as the best place for users to get AC and Dirt Rally content).

Going forward, please seek the permission of content creators or at least credit them if you are going to use their stuff.
Good point mate! Getting a good looking screenshot is not as easy as it may seem. I'm sure it was just off Paul's radar when he wrote the article :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back