PC1 Released: PCARS Classic Lotus Track Expansion

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
pcars 1.jpg

Project CARS developers Slightly Mad Studios have released the latest expansion to their racing simulator today, introducing the Classic Lotus Track Expansion.

Featuring iconic circuits Rouen (GP and Short layout), Hockenheim and Silverstone Classic layout and introducing highly regarded vehicles produced by the successful British manufacturer, namely the 1963 Lotus Type 25 Climax, 1965 Type 40 Ford, 1965 Type 38 Ford and the venerable 1967 Type 51.

Also included as a free gift is the 1970 Lotus Type 49C Cosworth.

As an additional bonus the latest DLC for this popular sim includes 10 community created liveries featuring two real-life skins for the Bentley Continental GT3, three BMW Junior Team designs, and five striking liveries from renowned design company Momo.

SMS have also included 2 new invitational events for game's career mode aimed at giving fans the chance to enjoy these latest inclusions, a three-round series featuring the Lotus Type 40 and another series open to all Classic Lotus Formula cars.

Project CARS is available to purchase now on PC, PlayStation and Xbox One.

pcars2.jpg pcars3.jpg pcars4.jpg pcars5.jpg pcars6.jpg pcars7.jpg pcars8.jpg

Have you tried the latest DLC for PCARS yet? Let us know in the comments section below!

You wouldn't happen to know if the Silverstone classic is the same one as they had in Ferrari Legends, it was brilliant.
I never owned Ferrari Legends but from a couple of video's I'm seen the classic track in FL is similar to this new pCARS track (and classic Silverstone in Shift 2). Seeing that Slightly Mad developed all three it would make sense. I just drove a few laps on Silverstone, the art work (paint peal, rust, etc.) of this new release is fantastic, there is something about these old tracks that hit the mark with me. The other end of the spectrum, tracks like COTA or Yas Marina don't do it for me - too perfect/polished. I few of my favorites in rF2 are Lester, Longford and Joesville Speedway, I think the weathered and battered tracks remind me of my younger days when my uncle would take me to at the local short tracks.

This is when men were men,and had big tasches a woman on one arm and a glass of the hard stuff in the other hand,with a cigarette hanging from their mouth's.;)

As a professional driver of that era it would've been the only way to be, because you'd never know when your luck was up.

I would love to get this pack, but havin' a bit of a inner battle with the game at the moment. the last two online sessions caused more frustration than what was warranted. I'd rather them work on the issues for a bit than DLC content.

I would love to get this pack, but havin' a bit of a inner battle with the game at the moment. the last two online sessions caused more frustration than what was warranted. I'd rather them work on the issues for a bit than DLC content.
I know what you mean about the issues with the game, believe me I have a few, but this pack is superb,

Same here. I'm not spending anything else on this game until they fix it.

It's such a shame that the game is so buggy/fragile. Every time they fix something it seems like a similar amount of bugs creeps up. Then there are all those non-critical but annoying problems/bugs that still haven't been addressed even though they were reported way before release. :(

Oh well.. I have quite thick skin in this regard and I have to admit it, even though I found some oddities in the 60's tire model, that I really REALLY enjoy this latest DLC. Definitely worth the money.. heck it cost me less than my lunch today.

If people want Hard Core try the Classic Indy Car! Hard to Drive Hard to Master

Different people working on these areas you mention. They can give equal effort to both. We just get this first things first mindset but remember SMS is a fairly big company and that does not apply as much as compared to developers with limited manpower resources.;)

This Classic Indycar type 38 Ford was specifically designed for the Indy 500 with it's "2 speed gearbox" and it's physics setup isn't ideal for road courses! I find it interesting that SMS didn't include the classic Indy 500 circuit so we could ideally use this beast for it's intended purpose!

I love this Lotus type 38 (Indy) but please give us the Classic Indy 500 oval to enjoy it with.

The Lotus type 25 Climax (F1) is a much better choice when racing on road course type circuits!

Last edited:
I love this car pack and can't get enough.But does anyone else think the 49c is very twitchy on the front end.Its like the steering rotation is 90 degrees or something. I've checked my wheel(G27) rotation and its fine.I'm not having a moan as I love this car and track pack.I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue. The physics on these car's seem to be on another level to the rest of the open wheelers in the game.

This Classic Indycar type 38 Ford was specifically designed for the Indy 500 with it's "2 speed gearbox" and it's physics setup isn't ideal for road courses! I find it interesting that SMS didn't include the classic Indy 500 circuit so we could ideally use this beast for it's intended purpose!

I love this Lotus type 38 (Indy) but please give us the Classic Indy 500 oval to enjoy it with.

The Lotus type 25 Climax (F1) is a much better choice when racing on road course type circuits!
Yes,it looks a little strange with the shortened driveshafts and wheels on one side.
They must be bringing the ovals.

Well the track artists doing the ovals fell behind and while I cannot say there will be a classic Indy Oval there will be other ovals on the way

I never owned Ferrari Legends but from a couple of video's I'm seen the classic track in FL is similar to this new pCARS track (and classic Silverstone in Shift 2). Seeing that Slightly Mad developed all three it would make sense. I just drove a few laps on Silverstone, the art work (paint peal, rust, etc.) of this new release is fantastic, there is something about these old tracks that hit the mark with me. The other end of the spectrum, tracks like COTA or Yas Marina don't do it for me - too perfect/polished. I few of my favorites in rF2 are Lester, Longford and Joesville Speedway, I think the weathered and battered tracks remind me of my younger days when my uncle would take me to at the local short tracks.
There are more historic tracks still to come. I for one am really enjoying this game. Keeps me wanting more.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.2%