Released: KI Carro

Download here

I was unable to fix my connection for todays RDHGP so I dicided I would finally release my car:)

carro1e.jpg

The Carro is a ficticious car based on my ideas of a perfect car. It's highly inspired by 60's cars like Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale and the race cars that competed in events like the Targa Florio.

So... a little bit about the car. The car is a relatively lightweight midengined small car. As you can see in the picture below the wheelbase is 2.2m and the length of the car is about 3.5m. I must warn you now of the handling of the car, because the short wheelbase coupled with a 40:60 weight distribution makes this car quite a handfull.

carro2l.jpg

carro3.jpg

The engine is 2L DOHC V12 with 4 valves per cylinder. It is quite oversquare, to make it withstand 12000rpm over longer periods. The torque curve, based on relatively simple but accurate CFD, is given in the graph below.

carroengine1.jpg

carroengine2.jpg

powertorquecurves.jpg

Due to the spyder-design the aerodynamic drag is quite high on this car, but thanks to the rear bodywork some downforce is produced. The top-speed is therefore limited to around 250km/h. The drag and downforce figures are based on CFD which was also used to analyze the rideheight sensitivity and effect of loosing the rear wing(catastrophic:))

carroflow2.jpg

carroflow1.jpg

The beautiful skins were created by Stuart Thomson
All sounds, except my engine sounds, by Ducfreak

Thanks to Stuart Thomson, Sam J. Simpson and Steven Palmer for skins, car setup and testing
Thanks to Ducfreak for making his GT40 sounds available.

Known issues as far as I can remember:
-Weak engine sounds (I simply lack the experience and skill for this). Anyone got some V12 sounds they want to share?:)
-LEDs not working

Took it for a spin earlier today. You are right, it is quite a handful at first, but it has so much flexibility in the setup that there's absolutely no way anyone can say that they can't set it up to their driving style. I messed with the setup just a little and got it to be extremely predictable and docile. Lovely little car.

Great work Knut and all who were involved!!!

Thanks for releasing the car Knut,I was looking forward to it a long time because it was in the download section (Mods) with out a download button , (I have looked everywhere for that button).

I must say that it is a great piece of work that you have don ,Respect!

So and now we must do a race with that car, soon:p

Thanks again Knut

Thanks for releasing the car Knut,I was looking forward to it a long time because it was in the download section (Mods) with out a download button , (I have looked everywhere for that button).

I must say that it is a great piece of work that you have don ,Respect!

So and now we must do a race with that car, soon:p

Thanks again Knut

Thanks!

Stuart has set up an event next week Hans: http://www.racedepartment.com/racing-club/29836-gtc76-mod-ki-carro-various-tue-9th-feb-2010-a.html

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 269 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%