[Released] FVR DTM 2007/2008 Racing Series v1.2

Günthar Rowe

True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
Welcome to the FVR DTM 2007 Racing Series v1.2 by Günthar Rowe & the FVRFactor.com mod team!!

This is a conversion of the great TCMT rF DTM mod and uses the same car models as from this mod.

Features added to the GTR Evo release:
- Custom Skin support using the "CustomSkins" folder .ini system
- Animated wipers
- Wet tyres and independent front and rear tyre physics models
- Functioning Rain/Dirtscreen

Known issues (SimBin Fix Required):
- Non-adjustable Final Rear Diff Ratio. The DTM Series use fixed gearbox ratios with 4 final diff ratios to choose from. GTR Evo doesn't support this being adjustable, so we have included default setups for both the Audi and Mercedes which are included in there own 7-zip file to go in your CarSetups folder located in your "My Documents". These can be loaded for the other makes via selecting either the Audi 2007 or Mercedes 2007 and loading and saving to the other manufacturer.

-#-#-#-#-
#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

-#-#-#-#-#- Pre-Installation -#-#-#-#-#-

- You MUST delete the following folders (if present) before installing this version of the DTM2007 v1.2:

...\race 07\GameData\Teams\FVR_Addons\DTM_2007
...\race 07\GameData\Talent\DTM

-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

Installation:

- extract to main Race07 folder

e.g.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\

-#-#-#-#-#- Changelog -#-#-#-#-#-

v1.2

# Added shadows for wheel on the Audi's and Merc's
# Adjusted gear shift animations on both Audi's and Merc's
# New tyre model - fixed the center tyre temps not being effected by the tyre pressure
# New Rear Wing Adjustment - basically have moved to the real life number of settings adjustments (lots more, but about the same overall range)
# Front and Rear Packers - Now can be adjusted to have zero packers
# Front and Rear ARB - can be detached now
# New AI Talen files
# New Swingman Cams for the Audi's and Merc's
# New "other" cams for the Audi's and Merc's
# Slight improvement with the wheels coming through the arches at the front on the Audis...
# Finished the BMW teams car lineup

V1.1

- fixed Chevy Bonnet/Boot reverting to WTCC07 Chevy skin and 3D Model (this is still an issue with the original WTCC Extreme Chevy)
- fixed Audi brake lights not showing when headlights on
- fixed Alfa, Audi, BMW, Chevrolet, Mercedes, Seat bonnet views when using FOV larger than 100%
- fixed BMW #397 online loading loop bug when joining server

V1.0

- initial release

This Mod/Conversion wouldn't have been possible without:

- TCMT for their great rF DTM 2007 Mod and their permission to convert it to GTR Evolution - www.dtm-onlineliga.de -
- FlashQld, FVRFactor Founder
- Jason Madigan
- dbens1
- Mojo66
- petrs73
- Angus94
- Stephan Sabath
- Volker Arndt
- os-chris
- Michael51
- FastEddieWoe
- Bond007
- WTCC Extreme-DTM skins by: James Yates, Steven Palmer, Niels Pedersen, Pat O'Reilly, Eck Simpson, Jarrod Crossley, Sandis Roginskis, Kalen Johnson
- our beta testing team, thanks for you great feedback
- Simbin (of course)
- And you, the Sim Racing Community!

Enjoy and please feel free to join up at www.FVRFactor.com and say hi etc.

Cheers,

Günthar Rowe
a.k.a KämpferAs

Get it Here!

Gunthar,

Thanks for the update, but did you change the physics in some way that would affect the handling of the cars? I had been driving the Alfa, but after the update it seems to have gotten quite a bit of oversteer. The real problem for me though is the the snap oversteer without warning. Previously, I could get a good feel for what the car was going to do at the limit, but after the upgrade there's no indication whatsoever. I switched over to the Mercedes where it doesn't seem as pronounced, but it still doesn't quite have the same feel as before. At least to me...

Thanks again...

yes, there is a little differences:

You will need to adjust the rear wing, as it had only 5 settings before and now has 30. So, if you ran RW=3 you now need to run RW=18 or so to get the same rear downforce... Also, the packers used to start at 3.5cm and now start at 0cm so you will most likely want to add some back to get that around the same feel... Also the tyres are just a little different, but this doesn't effect the "snapping" that you talked about...

Try those adjustments in your current setup...

I got a problem Gunthar... :(

I updated to v1.2 straight from v1.0, but when I tried to join the US event this morning, it classed the SEAT as UNKNOWN in the server lobby and as a result I couldn't join. What did I do? :crying:

never seen that before.....

ok, have you uninstalled, then before reinstalling, load up the game then load up any SimBin car and go on track. Click drive, then exit and try reinstalling the DTM's

Günthar, I know this comment is much delayed, but I felt like I needed to say it.

Congrats to you and the team on creating another brilliant mod. When you first released it, I was one of the very first to download it, and I was amazed. Since you've released the updates and fixed the driver Talent files, it runs like a dream. Being a massive DTM fan, I was eagerly awaiting the mod's completion...and I've found it highly challenging, very realistic and extremely enjoyable.

I was pleased to have an involvement, albeit a small one, in the creation of the mod. The finished product is so satisfying.

Keep up the good work buddy. :beer:

Okay... Gunthar, sorry I couldn't get around to trying your method sooner. I only just tried it... it didn't work. The SEAT is still classified as UNKNOWN in the online lobby. :weep: I don't know if I should just stay away from DTM online events altogether...

:weep: I don't know if I should just stay away from DTM online events altogether...

Oh don't do that!!! Persevere, don;t let it beat you! :laugh2: Seriously, you must still have something from the 1.0 install that is hanging around. Completely get rid of everything 1.0 and 1.2, empty the recycle bin, and start from scratch with a fresh download of the mod.

It's a brilliant mod and you're a great driver. I'd hate to miss out on a chance to race with you because of a configuration problem.

which download did you get? The one here or the one from NoGrip? Have you tried cutting & Pasting the GameData folder to desktop and then installing again? this will give you a fresh install...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%