Release: Pagani Zonda R

I love you.

Downloading.

Edit:

I don't know whether I just had the wrong idea in my head, but this feels pretty strange to drive.

I've seen both Tiff Needell and Jeremy Clarkson praise the car for how easy it is to drive, but that hasn't been my experience with this so far. The back end has a tendency to break away when shifting (as though it's not matching the revs), and the steering felt very unengaging and vague until I made the feedback stronger in my Realfeel config.

Is this really right? Or have I just had the wrong idea of this car in my head this whole time?

I'm aware that this is an old thread, but I thought it was worth leaving another message, as I recently stumbled upon this mod in an old RF installation. And since I've found so many mods were radically transformed for me by this thread, I felt I should revisit it.

I'm much more impressed than I was the first time I tried it. It's by no means perfect, but it's enjoyable to drive. It is indeed matching the revs on gear changes, however there's still a fierce snap at the back end with each gear change. It doesn't seem to be matching them close enough.

It's hard to find the limit of the car, as the tires have a lot of grip past the slip curve's peak. So where as the steering in a lot of cars would quickly become weak once you pass the peak, they don't in this Zonda until you pass it by a long way. Although this could be realistic behavior, I'm not sure.

I'm not going to post my version, as I'd hate to do so without permission, but I sincerely hope that you give this mod some more attention, Clockit. There's still a lot of untapped potential in this mod, and even in it's current state, I'd say it's enjoyable. Please upload it for the world to enjoy once more.

I'm aware that this is an old thread, but I thought it was worth leaving another message, as I recently stumbled upon this mod in an old RF installation. And since I've found so many mods were radically transformed for me by this thread, I felt I should revisit it.

I'm much more impressed than I was the first time I tried it. It's by no means perfect, but it's enjoyable to drive. It is indeed matching the revs on gear changes, however there's still a fierce snap at the back end with each gear change. It doesn't seem to be matching them close enough.

It's hard to find the limit of the car, as the tires have a lot of grip past the slip curve's peak. So where as the steering in a lot of cars would quickly become weak once you pass the peak, they don't in this Zonda until you pass it by a long way. Although this could be realistic behavior, I'm not sure.

I'm not going to post my version, as I'd hate to do so without permission, but I sincerely hope that you give this mod some more attention, Clockit. There's still a lot of untapped potential in this mod, and even in it's current state, I'd say it's enjoyable. Please upload it for the world to enjoy once more.
The guy hasn't logged on in months, and others and I would appreciate if you would upload it (since you have it downloaded) so that others can use it.

oh man this mod has sooo reignited rfactor for me.

rfactor_zonda_r_by_adepenguin-d4vjgze.jpg

Adrian, I think that particular mod is illegal, as it appears to be a port of the Zonda R in Simbin's GT Power Pack. Judging by the available liveries.

I personally don't feel bad for enjoying it myself though, as I own the GT Power Pack anyway. And I adore Simbin's rendition of it, so to have it in rFactor aswell as R07 is certainly nothing but good in my eyes! :)

It feels like it's running on rails, and is remarkably undramatic for how fast it is. Driving it, you'll set the fastest time you've ever set around your favourite tracks while hanging on for dear life, and all the way round it'll feel like it's just getting started! Fantastic stuff!

I would suggest that you drive it with auto-clutch on, auto-blip on and auto-lift on too though. As everything in Race 07 is made to be driven like that it seems.

sorry for the delayed responce.

Yeah I guessed that too, its still a great mod, the handling is much better then the one in Simbin's GT Power, which yeah I have too along with the rest of the collection by simbin, so I dont feel bad either about using it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back