Release date on the URD M8?

Exactly, you dont really care! Yet you started something for no need as we didnt hide anything, than somebody else comes with some poor settings in showroom puts up screen voila...What do you think in what way does that effects us at the end? For god sake, think before you start something, especially if you dont even care!
Having bored days? Go outside, have e beer, take it on that glass once its empty!
I mean I don't care if people agree or not. I don't care if people read what I said and think "Doesn't matter to me, I'm buying it anyway". Thats fine, but at least they are more informed.

I will never buy a URD mod after seeing this discussion. Gary's explaining to you why the M8 isn't up to his quality standards, which are mostly shared by Kunos, RSS and such (people who directly compete with your mods) and all you can say is that it's fine because you don't truly care about the quality of your products. If you don't want to strive for high quality mods, that's fine, but then the pricing should be as such. It's pretty low to knowingly offer customers low quality products at the same price level.

Unfortunately, I have standards. You might not care about my opinion but if you care about your business, you should care about my closed wallet.

I will never buy a URD mod after seeing this discussion. Gary's explaining to you why the M8 isn't up to his quality standards, which are mostly shared by Kunos, RSS and such (people who directly compete with your mods) and all you can say is that it's fine because you don't truly care about the quality of your products. If you don't want to strive for high quality mods, that's fine, but then the pricing should be as such. It's pretty low to knowingly offer customers low quality products at the same price level.

Unfortunately, I have standards. You might not care about my opinion but if you care about your business, you should care about my closed wallet.
That is not true what you just sayed. We do care about our standarts and quality but we do care overall about what people can use and what is usefull. Clearly some people here have no clue about overall 3d models.
We are doing cars that are beeing used in big amount on track, leagues use and what hardware people have and that is our priority.

Talking about quality while we saved 100k polys and for that it can run with more cars on track!
RSS are great models and i never sayed anything else but who comes here and starts misinformation is unfair to us!

Offcourse RSS has better for those who want a better cockpit detailing for VR use that look around and behind in cockpit. We are doing more usefull to benefit as explained before.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1570079988.png
    __custom_showroom_1570079988.png
    994.2 KB · Views: 153
  • __custom_showroom_1570080001.png
    __custom_showroom_1570080001.png
    968.3 KB · Views: 156
  • __custom_showroom_1570080016.png
    __custom_showroom_1570080016.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
Talking about quality while we saved 100k polys and for that it can run with more cars on track!
RSS are great models and i never sayed anything else but who comes here and starts misinformation is unfair to us!

Offcourse RSS has better for those who want a better cockpit detailing for VR use that look around and behind in cockpit. We are doing more usefull to benefit as explained before.
Don't worry, they seem to be bashing VRC with magnifying glasses too.

To take a somewhat more objective stance than others:

Poly count isn’t as important in rendering as draw calls, which are dependent on object number. Gary mentioned the LODs (or maybe just LOD D - in any case important for large grids) of the not-M8 have far too many objects - this will typically hurt performance more than what is saved by a reduced poly count.

Care to show the class where people here in this thread are directly bashing VRC's works? Because you wont find them - VRC models are also top tier stuff, one of the best in the tiny group of fantastic modelers.
In VRC’s thread, someone recently brought up that one of their cars has very badly pixelated textures in certain areas. To address your other points, VRC has a history of poorly done LODs and (minor) modeling inconsistencies, not that, IMO, it significantly detracts from their work.

LOD D wont affect the fps in any way here, it looks poor but you wont see it in any way.
And yes polycounts do mather. Done enough tests around that and if it wouldnt have an effect we wouldnt have LODs overall and we could do high lod only with less objects. There are reasons why this is done like that so dont misinform here what is not true and the draw calls of more objects.
20 cars test our Bayro(4k textures) vs their Ferruccio on spa quick test is from 10 to 20 fps better for us, depends how close you are to other on first corner. Offcourse it gets more stable and even later in the race when the cars stretch on the track but still, there are big differentes when you want to fullfill the use of content for all, leagues and big field racing and you have to compromise there.

If that is the way to promote RSS in the community by misinforming and bashing others, than that is the wrong way. Keep your own bussines and let the community and the reviews judge but dont misinform around. Critism? Fine but dont tell what others should or should not do, its not the way and they should consider them lucky(RSS) if others work different and if their VR experience is better than others, that way they will have customers and its the right thing. For everyone something!

LOD D wont affect the fps in any way here, it looks poor but you wont see it in any way.
And yes polycounts do mather. Done enough tests around that and if it wouldnt have an effect we wouldnt have LODs overall and we could do high lod only with less objects. There are reasons why this is done like that so dont misinform here what is not true and the draw calls of more objects.
20 cars test our Bayro(4k textures) vs their Ferruccio on spa quick test is from 10 to 20 fps better for us, depends how close you are to other on first corner. Offcourse it gets more stable and even later in the race when the cars stretch on the track but still, there are big differentes when you want to fullfill the use of content for all, leagues and big field racing and you have to compromise there.

If that is the way to promote RSS in the community by misinforming and bashing others, than that is the wrong way. Keep your own bussines and let the community and the reviews judge but dont misinform around. Critism? Fine but dont tell what others should or should not do, its not the way and they should consider them lucky(RSS) if others work different and if their VR experience is better than others, that way they will have customers and its the right thing. For everyone something!
Note that I didn’t say poly count doesn’t matter, I just said draw calls matter more.

AC is usually cpu bottlenecked - draw calls are a cpu side operation, vertex operations are not. Therefore, people with a cpu-limited systems are going to get worse performance with your car than e.g. a Kunos car in a race that is spaced out reasonably. To say your tests on the matter are definitive is pretty short-sighted. And if you’re putting forth so much effort to reduce poly count, why not take the effort to reduce texture size and improve LODs?

Anyway, not looking to join a crusade, it’d just be helpful for this argument to have a less polarized viewpoint.

"Poly count isn’t as important in rendering as draw calls, which are dependent on object number."
Its basicly what you sayed. High LOD and LOD B might have biggest effects on the draw calls with polycount and that is the most important thing here wich we did right, just cause LOD C and D use few more objects it wont affect here the draw calls in fps anymore.
The texture size-skin that is usually not used in leagues so if somebody complains about a 4k skins overall i dont see it why would you do that overall? We were asked long time ago to do them in 4k and thats why we did. As sayed our lods dont have any effect in the mather you just mentioned, i never sayed thought i will not improve anything around that eather.

Well I said 'people', as in more than one. And so far its one person pointing at something which doesn't represent a group of people with pitch forks.

And knowing VRC, that will probably get an update. ACTUALLY, the Panoz isn't even released yet so the VRC argument is moot. For example, the "Chevette" has received two or three improvement updates in a very short period from launch.

But URD's mindset is, 'its good enough for leagues and behaves well' therefor why bother taking pride in your workmanship with some updates. 'Because its good enough'. That's exactly what he said above. And that's what separates the top 2% from the rest.

Well I said 'people', as in more than one. And so far its one person pointing at something which doesn't represent a group of people with pitch forks.

And knowing VRC, that will probably get an update. ACTUALLY, the Panoz isn't even released yet so the VRC argument is moot. For example, the "Chevette" has received two or three improvement updates in a very short period from launch.

But URD's mindset is, 'its good enough for leagues and behaves well' therefor why bother taking pride in your workmanship with some updates. 'Because its good enough'. That's exactly what he said above. And that's what separates the top 2% from the rest.
Again you are completly missing the whole point and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Again you are missinforming here something you clearly dont understand. You showed that yesterday when you posted poor showroom settings just to look bad ass and was quickly proven you to be wrong.
While you are trying and sooo much defending RSS and bashing us on something you have no clue about. Check quickly RSS cars and you will find big holes and transparent parts on second lod as Gery pointed out that we have small hole on tires...Double standarts...

so if somebody complains about a 4k skins overall i dont see it why would you do that overall?
Just switching the 4k skins to 2k ones isn't gonna be a whole lot better... Thats not gonna account for the other 60mb or so of textures you exceed what is considered 'normal'.

Regarding the comparison to the RSS car, as said before its going to be different for every system, however I would note I dont think the LODs on that car are particularly good either. I certainly wouldn't do them like that anyway.

I can run the same test (Spa, full grid, sat at the back) with the URD BMW (which btw, still has a ton of IRL logos left on it you might want to remove...) with a similar GT car of mine I've made (unreleased so won't show but it has around 100k more tris, so you'd think it should be more costly to performance), yet I get about a 15fps increase.

upload_2019-10-3_8-29-27.png

upload_2019-10-3_8-29-42.png

Additionally I get pretty much identical fps with the Kunos Porsche GTE as I do my own, which suggests sticking to the target budgets is beneficial.

upload_2019-10-3_8-31-37.png

Is it a conclusive test? Dunno, you tell me. If the one with the RSS 57 is, then this one is too.

Why would you compare unreleased car? Again you are talking about what you would do, fine. Where is the problem than? Do it!
I compared it because its the only thing I have in my roster that is a similar car (modern GT, not open wheeler or vintage like most of the other stuff i do).

The point is you're using maybe 2/3s of the usual tri budget, yet still getting worse performance. I dont see the logic in this, I understand a lightweight mod for competitive leagues or whatever but this isn't it.

Here, my most recent released car... Which is why i didn't show it, its not a fair comparison.
upload_2019-10-3_8-46-11.png

And from all the test my 4k textures and others in our size are running same fps or better as the kunos porsche rsr wich has small and 2k skins.
Why does it bother you what budget we use? And yes it is what we do has been proven, once you run all different cars around and leagues use their own skins it has been proben to be right way.

I made another few test and our car allways made easy 8+ fps more easy from any Kunos or RSS 20 field allways same setting test. And we got such results all around and more different cars, the better and more smooth it was going. All that in use with 4k skins and other textures higher to.

10xDetroit and 10xbayro spa 90+fps on start all 4k skins.
10xferruccio and 10xlanzo spa 84fps on start all 2k skins

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back