GT5 Release Date Changed

I'm hoping we hear something at the Tokyo Game Show. Posters at Gamescon had it listed simply as Q4 2009 so thats a good sign while a Dutch game shop had it listed for November 2nd so there is lots of speculation. Kazunori Yamauchi said in a recent interview that GT5 would follow 'soon' after the release of GT PSP as the products tie in with each other transferring cars from one to the other etc. GT PSP has a release date of October 1st.

• Bert Van Waes

Yeah, plus we need to figure out what he meant with the damage now... If he wants it to be changed in an update before GT5 being out, or in an update when it's allready out.
Could be he just began to spin around in the damage part off the game.

I think the title of this thread is slightly misleading, as there has never been an official release date so far. The only official statement is 'shortly after gt for psp which will release at oct. 1st'. Also some flyers which were handed out at Gamescom had Q4 2009 on it, my guess is still december 2009 :)

GTplanet have made an English translation of an Italian gaming websites (mutliplayer.it) interview with Kazunori Yamauchi where he says the release of GT5 will "very probably, it will be a simultaneous world release" He goes on to confirm the game runs in 1080p at 60 fps and also talks about the NASCAR and WRC championships added to the game.

Just to muddy the waters further the French site jeuxvideo.com is reporting that Sony have notified French retailers of several PS3 Slim bundle packs being launched this autumn with one of them being a PS3 Slim and GT5 set for release December 4th! Each of the following packs is rumoured to cost 339 Euro's. This has not been confirmed by Sony as yet.
  • PS3 Slim + Need for Speed Shift (left on October 1, 2009)
  • PS3 Slim + Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (left on October 14, 2009)
  • PS3 Slim + Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (exit on October 24, 2009)
  • PS3 Slim + 2 blu-ray (left during October 2009, precise coming out date and detail of the not specified blu-ray)
  • PS3 Slim + Tekken 6 (exit on November 4, 2009)
  • PS3 Slim + Assassin' S Creed 2 (exit on November 19, 2009)
  • PS3 Slim + Gran Turismo 5 (exit on December 4, 2009)
Full story (translated) here

LOL release date watching for GT5 is almost turning into a game itself! Playstation Beyond is reporting that they have a very good source on a Sept 25th date for the UK. I find that hard to believe as I was expecting a release date to be announced at the Tokyo Game Show and I can't imagine them walking on stage and saying "hey its in the shops now"

"feints"

but i think 25 is the TGS? no?

Yes thats what I mentioned above. I recall SEGA doing somethign similar with the announcement for the Saturn? basically announcing it was in the shops when they stood on stage but I can't see this happening especially as we've been told that the PSP version is coming first at the beginning of October. I'd love this rumour to be true but I can't quite see it.

• Bert Van Waes

Indeed, same here. Kazunori said it will be an equally major improvement we will see there. Lol, that can't be the whole game wright??? that would be a bit to much for me.
The release will be earliest on Forza's release... :qq:

I think the big news (that typically of Sony has already leaked out) is the confirmation of head tracking using the PS3 Eye camera. A number of sites have been reporting on it in the last few days though it was initially leaked last month after Gamescon in Germany IIRC.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%