Resource icon

Plugins Relative Time (DX9 Only) 1.161

Login or Register an account to download this content
Martin Vindis submitted a new resource:

Relative Time - Very much what iRacing's relative black box does.

Very much what iRacing's relative black box does. Something I've been missing for a long time and I'm surprised no one has done this before.

Thanks to cosimo for releasing his Delta Best plugin source code on github so I could learn how to code a plugin for rF2!
View attachment 162405

Read more about this resource...

Nice plugin, many thanks. Just about your thoughts, why nobody have done this before...its there, incld. in TrackMap ;)

trackmap.jpg

As it seems that Fazerbox stopped working on his TrackMap, would be nice if somebody else would take the challenge and make a new one. :) Some fixes are needed... :)

The grid in trackmap and my plugin does not do the same thing. Mine shows how many seconds behind or in front cars are around you on track even if the car is laps ahead of you you will notice a faster car coming up behind you

Nice Martin! Are you using Delta Best plugin together with Relative time? If so, noticed any problem? This could be very useful *today* :)

Yes I use delta best and relative time but not in the same plugin. I just used your code to understand how to draw images and test to screen and to see how everything worked.
My code is really ugly, nothing you really want to see but I can upload it later tonight if you really want to. But you have been warned :D
Maybe you can help me clean it up a bit.

Yes I use delta best and relative time but not in the same plugin. I just used your code to understand how to draw images and test to screen and to see how everything worked.
My code is really ugly, nothing you really want to see but I can upload it later tonight if you really want to. But you have been warned :D

Yes, thank you. That would be fantastic.
I think you have done quite a good job with the edit mode. I'd like to learn how you did that.
Plugin in general has been very useful in my first two stints at VEC today :)

Brilliant plug-in.

I had also been asking myself why this had not been coded before for rF2.

Would love to see it expanded to have all the modes/functionality of the iRacing relative window.

Good work!

Could you explain what edit mode does? I can't get it to activate (tried resetting to a different key as my L_CTRL+E was already in use. Still didn't work?

Also, a transparency option/setting would be great.

A wonderful addition to rF2 while we wait for S397 to revamp all the graphics and UI and HUD!

Last edited:
Could you explain what edit mode does? I can't get it to activate (tried resetting to a different key as my L_CTRL+E was already in use. Still didn't work?

Also, a transparency option/setting would be great.

A wonderful addition to rF2 while we wait for S397 to revamp all the graphics and UI and HUD!
Edit mode lets you move the window around. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you as it seems to work for most (all?) of us. Need more reports on this for figure it out.

You can set the color (including transparency) of the background in the ini file. BackgroundColor=0xFF000000 the FF is the transparency followed by RRGGBB in hexadecimal

Edit mode lets you move the window around. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you as it seems to work for most (all?) of us. Need more reports on this for figure it out.

You can set the color (including transparency) of the background in the ini file. BackgroundColor=0xFF000000 the FF is the transparency followed by RRGGBB in hexadecimal

Thanks for the info! Don't need to move it as I did that manually and now I can set the transparency, too!

Not sure if you use Automobilista (AMS), but this widget is about the only one missing from what's available in the DynaHUD system for that sim. It would be an awesome addition to AMS, too.

I didn't realize how much I missed this from iRacing until I started using it in rF2! With the new USF2000 signalling better cars to come from S397, I'll be spending more time in rF2 than before.

Not sure if you use Automobilista (AMS), but this widget is about the only one missing from what's available in the DynaHUD system for that sim. It would be an awesome addition to AMS, too.

I didn't realize how much I missed this from iRacing until I started using it in rF2! With the new USF2000 signalling better cars to come from S397, I'll be spending more time in rF2 than before.

I'm actually looking in to converting it to AMS as rF2 and AMS are the 2 sims I drive ;)

Looks like a great plugin, however I can't seem to get it to install. I've placed the files in the \Bin64\Plugins directory but the plugin doesn't appear in the Plugin section in RFactor2 main menu?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%