@REIZA What is possible?

Msportdan

@Simberia
Reading the ideas and wish lists threads theres a lot of ideas etc etc. I was wondering things like real road, tyre deformation etc. Are these actually possible on this gmotor engine? Can real road be viable...

We have changeable weather on race07m so im sure it can be done in GSC, but i think with rain comes lots of problems, i havent seen a race sim do rain properly be it ai going on wrong tyres to dry lines not actually being quicker.

But could you give us insight of what might actually be possible with this engine?

p.s i think you have done a great job so far, having had a quick go of race07 last night and then see how far gsc has come is simply amazing.

i must admit as much as i moan about rf2, i do like the new flatspotting feature really does make you look after your tyres.

that and realroad i would really like in GSc above many other things including rain.

Everything rFactor2 has, then GSCE can too. People ask and pray to have rFactor2 engine but they do not realize that it is just the old gMotor on steroids. It is nothing new. So Real Road should be achievable ;)
I cant agree with that Leon. RF2 is quite a bit different. RF2 is still a WIP as well.

@Msportdan I think you should probably just enjoy what you have already. You seem to want all these extra features adding. Reiza are/will be doing all they can to extract the max from the this older engine. Let them crack on do what they do best.

Reiza did release a preview video with some of the tyre flat spotting, dirt pick up, and other stuff. So we already know some of it is not only possible, but being worked on.

thats sort of the point of this thread lads, if were asking for all these features and reiza know or have an idea that it cant be done,, may as well put us out of out misery. no?
I am not miserable though, I thoroughly enjoy GSC even without any added features. My point was Renato and the team have the skills and the dedication to get the most from the engine. They are passionate about the sim and are doing everything they can to enhance it. Look at Nox's video, non of us asked for those features but they are coming. I think we just need to give them time to get on with it. In the interim if you fancy realroad (rf2) or fancy graphics (AC, Pcars) fire one of those up.

I've always enjoyed GSC for its purity of car on the track it just feels right without all the bells and whistles.

I like GSCE graphics, with a bit of tweaking through the control panel and SweetFX it is even better.
Porting GSCE to a new engine would mean practically start again from zero. It would be better to start a new sim at that point. I prefer to stick with the graphics I have which are pretty good.

As for features, what I meant before was that since RFactor 2 and GSCE have basically the same engine (ISI just tweaked the graphical capabilities) they can achieve same results FEATURES WISE.
They cannot have same graphics, unless Reiza does some black magic which they tend to do :D, but they can have same features. Matter of fact, Reiza is working on those, which kinda proves my point.
As for the tire model, I like Reiza's. I think it's good. They can change it of course, no need to change engine (see IRacing, they changed it something like 5 times already), but why do that?

As far as I know, only Assetto Corsa and IRacing run on a proprietary engine. Every other sim, including PCars, runs on gMotor. PCars has a highly modified version, since they bought the rights to do so.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...reme-all-the-information-you-need-here.84838/

- Live dynamic track conditions;

- Live dynamic weather;

- A new enhanced tire model simulating dirt, graining, blistering, flatspots along with a number of other advancements;

- A new realistic transmission physics to accurately simulate each car´s gear shift characteristics;

I want to add kust one thing...

RFE Plugin Series

They already collaborated with the author of this plugin for the F. Extreme, so IMO, Yes it's possible. (I hope)

i think i can definitly talk on behalf of everyone here and who touch this great sim, and that is you have managed to do great (unthinkable) feats with this ageing engine.

However what i want to do is kindly ask a reiza dev, (know your busy so whenever you have time) what do YOU think is still possible on this engine. You have obviously maximised this almost to its full potential, can you do any more features on this? Could it support flatspotting, real road etc etc..

What do you think can still be done with this sim?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.1%