Reiza Studios Tease Cadwell Park

Chris

Premium
Cadwell_Park.JPG
Reiza Studios have given us the first teaser of the legendary British racetrack: Cadwell Park, soon to be released in Automobilista.

This beautiful ribbon of tarmac weaves its way through eight kilometres of English countryside (Lincolnshire to be exact) and features vast expanses of grassy run-off and huge undulation changes. Whilst there is no release date given, the British track has been announced and in the works for some time. In addition to Cadwell Park, Reiza is planning to implement Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Imola and Hockenheim further down the road.

Despite the interesting nature of the many Brazilian tracks featured in Automobilista - due to their relative obscurity - the game is hiding in somewhat of a niche within a niche. These soon-to-be-released tracks should hopefully bring more attention to this vastly underrated sim as they are all fantastic additions.

Are you looking forward to racing on Cadwell Park? Let us know what your thoughts are on Reiza's direction with regards to content for AMS!

Last edited:
Fantastic news. My local and favourite British track. Done loads of track days there. Got another one next week. It's also the only track where I have a had a major off and unlike sim racing, it hurt.......bad. And kept me off work for 4 months.

It looks awesome great work, im hoping that Hockenheim has a historic version too, used to love that version back in the day and was known as a engine killer but a crowd pleaser just to see the speed the drivers could do on the long straights :)

Never played old Hockenheim with up-to-date physics.
Those straights followed by tight chicanes should be real issues for brake disks and tires. Wasn't it old Hockenheim where the brake disk of Frentzen exploded because it got too hot? (That was after the stupid decision of FIA to force them using thinner disks)

It kinda feels like an unusual choice of track for the game. I'm not complaining, but just curious as to why tracks like Cadwell and Oulton get into games like AMS...
I don't really follow your reckoning of; "games like AMS." AMS is a track racing sim' with cars spread over several decades and of different classes. Yes, it is old school and long may it stay that way.

Bit of an old thread but I think Reiza have said that outside of South America AMS has more users in GB than other countries so they should have British circuits in the game. Plus as MSV own all three circuits I guess they can license them from one party and probably for less money than Silverstone would want.

Basically it boils down to what they were interested in and could license.

MSV license is a great one and Cadwell. We don't have great versions of it outside of pCARS. Add to that the cars coming with the Brit pack are ideal for these circuits as are a number of cars already in the title and some of the other ones that should be coming along soon.

I wish we also had Snetterton in the licence but never mind eh! But I think all 3 are a perfect compliment for the content already in AMS, FVee will be fantastic to race, the Boxer Cup cars will have a nice challenge to them, and I imagine Stock Cars around Oulton and Brands will be just as hectic as the BTCC!

I wish we also had Snetterton in the licence but never mind eh! But I think all 3 are a perfect compliment for the content already in AMS, FVee will be fantastic to race, the Boxer Cup cars will have a nice challenge to them, and I imagine Stock Cars around Oulton and Brands will be just as hectic as the BTCC!

Also wondering why no Snett although much prefer the old layout myself.

There are BTCC skins for the Marcas cars plus Patrick's version of Silverstone so not too far from a decent BTCC season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back