Reiza on Steam

I'm curious to see what updates Reiza has planned for the Steam release, if any. Steam users tend to be impatient and quick to judge, so it worries me that without some UI changes and a bit more user-friendliness, GSCE (SCE? :)) might not be very well-received at first (a more clear "click the arrows to change cars" message, for instance. I know at least 3 cases of people who didn't like the Stock V8s and gave up on the game because they thought that was all the demo had).

It's remarkable how many miss the left/right arrows to change the car selection - "seems" so obvious it's funny. With that said, it would be in Reiza's best interest to change this - maybe glowing, pulsating, neon buttons :cool:

I hope there would be achievements !
What do you mean by achievements, you mean a virtual trophy for doing good?
If you mean the typical achievements seen mostly in console/arcade type games, this may not be for you. Reiza is focused on simulating racing (pit spots, pace car, flags/penalties, tire/fuel management, setup tuning, etc.) and doing a great job, where winning a competitive race or gaining championship points is the reward.

It's remarkable how many miss the left/right arrows to change the car selection - "seems" so obvious it's funny. With that said, it would be in Reiza's best interest to change this - maybe glowing, pulsating, neon buttons :cool:

What do you mean by achievements, you mean a virtual trophy for doing good?
If you mean the typical achievements seen mostly in console/arcade type games, this may not be for you. Reiza is focused on simulating racing (pit spots, pace car, flags/penalties, tire/fuel management, setup tuning, etc.) and doing a great job, where winning a competitive race or gaining championship points is the reward.
They have them in AC, why not Reiza products... I don't see why being a sim or an arcade game should have impact on achievements. Having a lap time achievement for example just adds a little incentive to keep trying at a certain track, etc. My opinion, of course. Who knows, having achievements might drive a few more sales; it certainly wouldn't harm sales.

You could be right "...wouldn't harm sales.", it's something I never paid attention to, ever, in all my years gaming but I'm not saying my opinion matters and I have only been focused on sim racing for the past 5 years or so. I guess I have been just oblivious to achievements in gaming - leveling up yes, achievements never paid attention.

Well, achievements are a different issue, so I'll just make a couple of points:

- there are plenty of gamers who are *very* achievement-driven. I try not to judge, it's not my place to decide how people have fun, but that's a fact. Achievements were one of the most requested features for Euro Truck Sim 2 when it was released on Steam, for instance. So the same thing is likely to happen with GSCE.

- Achievements tend to come in three different types, more or less. The basic ones that people will get with minimal effort ("race 10 laps", "reach 300kph", "finish a race", etc.); the ones that mostly demand persistence and time ("finish a race with all available cars", "finish a season", "race 1000 laps", etc.); and the ones that require skill and/or creativity and/or luck ("beat a laptime of x on track y", "win a season with the AI at 110%", "win a race by overtaking two cars on the final turn", etc.). I think most of us would agree that only the third kind is really an "achievement", but the thing is, you can't really have only this kind because the average gamer will get frustrated. So as long as there's some sort of balance between the achievements things should be fine. And, of course, achievements can be completely ignored if you want.

Of course, all this could be moot since I have no idea if GSCE's engine would actually allow achievement tracking anyway :)

So I hope Reiza comes in here and helps with this. If we already own it.....is there anyway to let Steam know that? And guys like myself have two complete installs on two different drives. I have different mods in each one. Can we get different installs from Steam as well.....or will we have to stick all the mods into one installed game?

And will we still be able to DL strait from Reiza if we decide to have multiple installs?

FWIW though....I'm glad they made it onto Steam! Wider audience can see just how awesome this sim really is!

So I hope Reiza comes in here and helps with this. If we already own it.....is there anyway to let Steam know that? And guys like myself have two complete installs on two different drives. I have different mods in each one. Can we get different installs from Steam as well.....or will we have to stick all the mods into one installed game?

And will we still be able to DL strait from Reiza if we decide to have multiple installs?

FWIW though....I'm glad they made it onto Steam! Wider audience can see just how awesome this sim really is!

They've already said that existing owners will get a Steam key free of charge, but I'm not sure Steam can handle multiple installs, so we'll see what happens.

I think its great this title is coming to Steam! I bet there are loads of people who still haven't heard of GSCe.
I only heard of it on a forum discussion on steam a while ago, tried the demo and fell in love :inlove::)
Now is my favourite sim, although R3E is catching quick :p

Until I don't get an answer on the 'more-then-1-install, I will not enter the steam version.
More is: Internet not available?? (on holyday, unpaid invoice, public repairs -> no GSCE!! :):):)
Why do people want the game to be restricted?

Until I don't get an answer on the 'more-then-1-install, I will not enter the steam version.
More is: Internet not available?? (on holyday, unpaid invoice, public repairs -> no GSCE!! :):):)
Why do people want the game to be restricted?
No, you can start Steam in offline mode once the game is all installed. Steam is a good thing for Reiza to get more sales, a wider audience (and also hopefully boost the MP scene). So long as we can still mod it, it's a good thing.

Yeah, I partially agree. But for instance I can't play R3E offline. Are you sure GSCE will be accessible offline?

Online I get constantly agressed by adverts like 'Download here', 'Malware found' etc, .. which are all fake and very annoying. And yes, my computer is protected for viruses etc ..

Yeah, I partially agree. But for instance I can't play R3E offline. Are you sure GSCE will be accessible offline?

Online I get constantly agressed by adverts like 'Download here', 'Malware found' etc, .. which are all fake and very annoying. And yes, my computer is protected for viruses etc ..
R3E requires you to be online, yes. GSCE doesn't at the moment. I can't be 100% of course for the future, but as it stands I highly doubt you'll need to be online. R3E and GSCE use different models.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.6%