Reiza on Steam

I'm a bit confused. It states that you will still be able to buy the games outside of steam but earlier they stated that only the steam version of Formula trucks will get updates? Why carry on selling outside of steam if no updates will be available?

what difference will be there between steam version and normal one? all can play together, i think there wont be changes for online player? no multiple game installs on steam?
after steam release it will be possible to buy and update the game on the old way too or it will be steam only?

what difference will be there between steam version and normal one? all can play together, i think there wont be changes for online player? no multiple game installs on steam?
after steam release it will be possible to buy and update the game on the old way too or it will be steam only?

Based on previous Reiza answers: no changes to multiplayer, everyone can play together; Steam doesn't allow multiple installs (the major drawback of the change); it will still be possible to buy the game standalone if you prefer.

Multiple installs on Steam, why is ever one so hung on this :rolleyes:

All you have to do is copy & paste files to a new folder, I have done this with GSC / rF1 & (Steam) GTL / GTR2
for mods just keep the default clean as a back up :whistling:. At present I have 5 GSC folders with mods all setup the same way, maybe it's a bit over the top but I've had never errors with conflicting mods.

I will get the Steam new version and keep the older ones for mods

Last edited:
on some games this dont work ;) steam always wants to start if you click the game exe ;)

with gtr2 i had a problem when just copied and pasted the game, the cars were hovering on the track :O_o: ... i always made a new install when i had need for a one...

I also think they said that once you get a steam key, the license no longer works or smth like that and the game can't be installed outside steam anymore (?).

But will my current installs and Steam install coexist and all work or do I need to remove the non steam installs for the steam version to work properly ? @Reiza Studios

I also think they said that once you get a steam key, the license no longer works or smth like that and the game can't be installed outside steam anymore (?).

But will my current installs and Steam install coexist and all work or do I need to remove the non steam installs for the steam version to work properly ? @Reiza Studios
They wrote on Twitter that if you convert to Steam your old installs won't work.

They should leave this stupid DRM, it is useless. If someone don't want to pay he always download a warez version. But I who want to have everything legal, I'm limited to some stupid number of licenses etc. So I will do this thing, I convert to Steam and download warez now. I refuse to be fooled. I definitely not pay twice for the same thing. If I have officially nonSteam and Steam version, they don't loose anything. Many fair games these days come with Steam key and even no DRM install. Why limit paying people when pirates are not limited at all.
I'm not just some brainless paying monkey.

They should leave this stupid DRM, it is useless. If someone don't want to pay he always download a warez version. But I who want to have everything legal, I'm limited to some stupid number of licenses etc. So I will do this thing, I convert to Steam and download warez now. I refuse to be fooled. I definitely not pay twice for the same thing. If I have officially nonSteam and Steam version, they don't loose anything. Many fair games these days come with Steam key and even no DRM install. Why limit paying people when pirates are not limited at all.
I'm not just some brainless paying monkey.

You can convert to Steam and live with its limitations (cant have multiple installs), or you can continue using the game is just the way you purchased it. Nothing is being taken away from you.

Current installs will continue to work, so you won´t have a problem keeping both Steam & NonSteam installs in your current system (plus however many multiple NonSteam installs you may have), but if you switch your NonSteam Serial Number for a Steam key you won´t be able to activate your NonSteam install in a fresh system again.

I'm sorry to sound stupid after that answer but will it be possible to upgrade the key to the steam version and still keep any pre installed installs up to date with the latest version of the software? If so, how?

I'm sorry to sound stupid after that answer but will it be possible to upgrade the key to the steam version and still keep any pre installed installs up to date with the latest version of the software? If so, how?

I think only the steam version will get updated.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%