Reiza on Steam

It's of course just a question of weighing pro and contras. I'll see how this evolves.

I would like to wish all the best for Reiza Studio and all good luck to make more money for them so we can get even more quality, content, etc so the devs get happy and not become disappointed or loose their commitment :)

I would also like them to be more active in communication with the community. Apart from CdM we've only seen like 3 screenshots since august, no WIP information, very little info about the progress or anything really. Only ''coming soon'', ''not too long'', ''coming in january'', etc... :(

Well, at least the product is great and that's what eventually matters. But it would be nice if we get to see more of what's going on ''behind the scenes'' and the progress of things. I do respect their decision not to do it, though.
I wonder do they do it deliberately or it's just they are a bit ''clumsy'' with the PR side of things. GSCEx is supposed to be a real sim racing product, not a mere wip mod where it's normal practice to only post updates every couple of months. I don't know...

Ah, never mind, I have a bit of a gripe with this, but it is what is. In the end it doesn't really matter much to me (or better to say it shouldn't). They should do whatever they please. :thumbsup:

@Jan Mikuž I'm the first person to shout out loud how great Reiza are, I love their stuff, but I agree with you. If there is any side that they should improve, it is definitely communicating with fans/customers, especially here on their official forums. They don't have to promise release dates, or content, just be more in touch. Not an attack on Reiza at all, just some valid customer feedback.

I don't know if this is a proper business or is this game a part time project for the guys involved and they don't really care much about increasing the player/user base or earning money. That they are solely interested in releasing quality racing sim software just because they love to do it. Like a hobby, like a group of passionate modders and not a business entity. I'm not sure if the sales even pay their bills or if this is even their intention...You get the impression there's maybe only a couple 100 people who bought their games.

Currently this is a very obscure title and they don't seem to be interested to turn that around.
I wonder why that is. They are going on steam, though, so that's a progress in mentality possibly.

Yeah, it's why I keep saying that GSCE needs some more user-friendliness when it gets to Steam. My main fear is that right now Steam reviews are fairly important for a game's long-term potential, and I worry that GSCE might initially get negative reviews by people who aren't used to racing sims and/or struggle with the game's UI/configuration.

I really wish less .ini fiddling was required for the graphics, for instance. GSCE can look amazing, but only after a lot of tinkering. So I can almost foresee the reviews "omg this game looks like crap", etc.

This is why I'm going to write a positive review on Steam the day the game is released, and I hope more of you will as well!

Haha, check out one of the threads already open on formula truck steam discussion page.
It's exactly that - namely one guy in a negative tone passionately expressing his opinion that the game'' looks like crap'' for a 2015 release and yadda, yadda how disgraceful this is. You know how such people are, trying to degrade a game many like just because graphics (or a certain component) looks outdated...

Anyway, i agree, there will definitely be complaints from mainstream folk about the ''crappy stone age UI'' and other name calling regarding the overall outdated look/presentation of the game, etc..

What do you mean by ''takes a lot of fiddling'' ? I don't need no .ini fiddling to enjoy this game graphically. To me the objects and textures that are present seem well modeled and are smooth,sharp enough and have a high enough resolution to provide good enough video immersion for me.
But i'm one of those people who will play LFS and not be bothered by the graphics at all.

What do you mean by ''takes a lot of fiddling'' ? I don't need no .ini fiddling to enjoy this game graphically. To me the objects and textures that are present seem well modeled and are smooth,sharp enough and have a high enough resolution to provide good enough video immersion for me.
But i'm one of those people who will play LFS and not be bothered by the graphics at all.

I understand, and respect that, but surely you know you're in the minority :) Most people like shiny graphics, the shinier the better - and my point is that you can't get those in GSCE unless you change config.ini, mess with nVidia Inspector, etc. You can't get "max" graphics within the game's interface itself.

Yeah i understand that. Especially the younger people (and reiza new potential customer base) are very sensitive to the quality of the graphics and value it as a highly important element, a possible deal breaker even. And especially in racing games and such...
At the same time they have no problem with 100s of other games that ''look like crap'', but are being played in millions - Minecraft, for instance. :)

Yeah i understand that. Especially the younger people (and reiza new potential customer base) are very sensitive to the quality of the graphics and value it as a highly important element, a possible deal breaker even. And especially in racing games and such...
At the same time they have no problem with 100s of other games that ''look like crap'', but are being played in millions - Minecraft, for instance. :)
As long as Reiza mention the word "Retro" they should be fine :roflmao:

For real simulator drivers, it's not the flashy video that matters, but rather the quality of physics and the related FPS.
So indeed, one of my fears is that Reiza Studio will:
1° receive a lot of negative comments (likewise rF2)
or/and
2° turn towards what most of steam popular racing gamers do: bend for more eye blinding and stunning video quality, and loose FPS, physics quality, get more lag, ...
3° MP full of kids and rammers all over the place.

Would be a pitty

As much as I love Reiza's work, they will have to increase their visibility and also willingness to fix and update their titles. The hordes on Steam will eat a dev/game alive if their demands are not instantly. I mean I am bit cheesed off that the championship points are still not fixed, that was months ago when that got broken. A quick hotfix is all that is needed if they do that on Steam then they need to be prepared for a :poop: storm and then it may be too late to retrieve the situation.

I wish them all the best but I hope they are ready!

Lot's to worry about GSCE going to Steam; the Steam forums are notorious for demanding all sorts of stuff that does not belong in a hard core sim; already mentioned, achievements,graphics, hundreds of cars, earning money to buy upgrades etc. Take a look at AC; great physics, FFB, tyre model, but still no flag rules, pit stops, championship mode etc etc. They put Drag Racing and Drifting before the basics of a track racing sim. AC is only any good for Hotlapping and racing against some of the worst ai's in any sim around.
I hope GSCE does not go near Steam, it will ruin it and the community (be it small).

Yeah I'm torn between more captial for Reiza and the rift raft that steam might bring. I would hate to see our fine club admin get inundated with a bunch of public racers. @Nox. It might be fine we will see:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%