Reiza Hints at the Future - rFactor 2 Engine to be used in 'Reiza 2018'?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios Teaser Image .jpg

Reiza Studios have released an interesting teaser on social media recently, hinting at "some exciting new things coming up on the horizon"..

Now to my eye this teaser image looks very much like a Reiza game using the rapidly improving rFactor 2 gMotor2 game engine, potentially hinting for the very first time that the upcoming and under development "Reiza 2018" project could be taking further advantage of the already close relationship between Reiza Studios original rFactor developers Image Space Incorporated.

Although purely speculation at this point, it is still rather refreshing to hear (or see) some news from Reiza Studios following wrapping of development of their Automobilista title, and this could well be the very first early signs of what's been going on behind the scenes of the well regarded Brazilian development team.

Now I'm only speculating that this is the rFactor 2 engine here, and frankly I could be well wide of the mark with this one... so I'll leave it to you to throw around your opinions in the comments section below!

Reiza Studios Teaser Image Twitter.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you make of the cryptic clue from Reiza? Looking forward to the new project? Let us know in the comments section below!

Are you for real?! It is not about what for the crowdfunding is. It is about what they are selling! Look at what you are paying for with those perks. In other words: READ!

@Emery, what are you disagreeing with?

"Please understand however that at this time we do not plan to provide further in-depth details about this next project, nor make any precise estimation as to when more info will be available. If you do decide to invest on perks that include a copy for our next game, we urge you to do so only if you feel comfortable giving us that vote of confidence. "

What exactly don't you understand

Are you for real?! It is not about what for the crowdfunding is. It is about what they are selling! Look at what you are paying for with those perks. In other words: READ!

I think you should stop conflating a bonus incentive to get you to buy into the crowdfunding... with the crowdfunding being specifically for something it isnt.

It's 100% clear that the crowdfunding was NOT for Reiza's next title.

The whole idea of the reiza bonanza was that sim racers could support a small dev team by buying and pre-ordering their games at discounted prices.

This is also 100% factually wrong.

I did not pay for one blurry pic. I paid for a product that is 1.5 years late or maybe not even coming. I don't mind it being late. I just find it odd that a product can be so late while the developer doesn't care one iota of their paid customers to tell any reasons for it.

The whole idea of the reiza bonanza was that sim racers could support a small dev team by buying and pre-ordering their games at discounted prices. It was fully based on trust because no one really knew what kind of game we were buying. What have those people got who pre-ordered the game? Nothing but one blurry picture 1.5 years later than the optimistic release date. What's up? Was this trust just a one way street after all? What happened to all that money?
927.jpg

I did not pay for one blurry pic. I paid for a product that is 1.5 years late or maybe not even coming. I don't mind it being late. I just find it odd that a product can be so late while the developer doesn't care one iota of their paid customers to tell any reasons for it.

The whole idea of the reiza bonanza was that sim racers could support a small dev team by buying and pre-ordering their games at discounted prices. It was fully based on trust because no one really knew what kind of game we were buying. What have those people got who pre-ordered the game? Nothing but one blurry picture 1.5 years later than the optimistic release date. What's up? Was this trust just a one way street after all? What happened to all that money?
That money, as said before and in the crowdfund page, has been used to update what is now known as Automobilista.
Again: nobody said you wont have access to what is coming. If you got a preview you should actually be happy because it's happening. Or you'd rather still have silence? :roflmao:

Any idiot, with half a braincell to rub together can see that rFactor 2 graphics are not dx 11, the only thing dx 11 about it's visuals, are the over done Yebis post processing FX, nothing more nothing less.
Define "DX11 graphics", please, thank you. Specifically the way you spot the difference between DX9 graphics and DX11. In general, not just in rF2.

Also, I believe Yebis effects are only used for replays.

Again: nobody said you wont have access to what is coming.
You are twisting my words into something I've not said. Fact is the game is 1.5 years late with no progress reports or even mentions of any kind.

"Please understand however that at this time we do not plan to provide further in-depth details about this next project, nor make any precise estimation as to when more info will be available. If you do decide to invest on perks that include a copy for our next game, we urge you to do so only if you feel comfortable giving us that vote of confidence. "

What exactly don't you understand
https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/at+this+time
= does not actually mean that they are never going to post anything about.. or does it? "At this time" is not 1.5 years later than when they claim to have first version released to the public.

It's 100% clear that the crowdfunding was NOT for Reiza's next title.

This is also 100% factually wrong.

The devs disagree with you:
"Whether you already own our games or not, this campaign presents an unique opportunity to join the Reiza bandwagon by contributing & earning copies of present and future games with very special conditions in one go. "
Sounds like earning copies by paying money. It is like they are selling current and future games like they are saying they are (were) doing!

Anyways, I'm done here. Not worth posting if people don't read my posts.

Such a BS statment,i do like to see your proof that RF2 DX11 is fake
I guess what she means is that, while it may run on the DX11 Api, some shaders are still quite awful. Look at videos comparing DX9 to DX11 back when rF2's graphics engine was "re-written" (that which IS a bs statement), it was basically the same graphics but with a bluer tint and brightness levels scaled up. So she's not wrong in calling it "fake DX11 graphics" because they were (and still are) largely DX9-looking graphics.

You can make your graphics engine compatible with DirectX11 all you want, but if you don't update/recreate your basic shaders it won't make the slightest difference since the game won't be taking advantage of whatever features DX11 has in comparison with DX9. In all effects, it still is "DX9 graphics".

So IMO she's not completely wrong in calling it "fake DX11", at least not when the gMotor was "re-written". For a better understanding of this, let's use an example: say I have an image and it's resolution is 1366x768. My monitor is also 1366x768. This is, effectively, a 720/HD image.
Later I buy a new 1080p monitor and display this 720p image on the 1080p monitor, but call it "a 1080p image". That's simply wrong. The image is being displayed on a 1080p monitor, true, but the image resolution is still 720p. Calling it a "fake full HD image" is technically not a lie.

Personally I wouldn't call it "fake DX11", I would call it "useless DX11", but I see where she's coming from.

Still, S397 are doing some good work on the shaders, like the carbon fiber one. It's really good IMO.

........and i hope someone from S397 read that and sue you for false allegations....:rolleyes:
And btw,Reiza take my money too :)
All this coming from someone who stole assets (sounds) from RaceRoom to create a mod for rFactor 2? I'm shocked that the internet policing people are hypocrites.

She has a definition of what "fake DX11" is, and it is within her rights to call it that.

Last edited:
A few people should really find themselves another hobby. What a lot of frustrating arguments over nothing. We are discussing videogames here. We aren't on the battlefield fighting over life and death.

Don't have the time to crawl through 7 pages right now but I will during this weekend and handout some well earned penalties. Well done!

Mod-edit: ninja'd by Kenny

1.5 years is nothing. Wreckfest is finally getting an official release after nearly 4.5 years.

And the truth is you DO mind it being "late" or else you wouldn't be raising such a fuss or being so confused about what you "bought" with your fundraising money.

I made a statement earlier that rF2 looks as good or better than pC2 in VR and I stand by that !
VR is a great equaliser . pC2 has Soo much shimmer and flicker along with textures that drop in and out as well as even at max settings the LOD pop in from trees and cars is really annoying and then there is the blurry distance visuals and the shadows that flicker even at ultra . All of these issues are not present In rF2 making the whole visual experience far greater with the rF2 graphics engine .
I think if someone disagrees they simply haven't played both in VR !

My biggest issue with VR in rF2 is that the car models looks somehow transparent and shimmery. That makes me feel like I'm not watching beautiful physical 3d object but some shimmering 3d graphics instead. Where in AC watching car models in virtual environment is "unreal" experience, driving karts in rF2 looks kind of weird.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back