Featured Reiza Hints at the Future - rFactor 2 Engine to be used in 'Reiza 2018'?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 31, 2018.

1. roby13

roby13

Ratings:
    +52
    "Please understand however that at this time we do not plan to provide further in-depth details about this next project, nor make any precise estimation as to when more info will be available. If you do decide to invest on perks that include a copy for our next game, we urge you to do so only if you feel comfortable giving us that vote of confidence. "

What exactly don't you understand

2. natedogg1867

natedogg1867

Ratings:
    +349
    I think you should stop conflating a bonus incentive to get you to buy into the crowdfunding... with the crowdfunding being specifically for something it isnt.

It's 100% clear that the crowdfunding was NOT for Reiza's next title.

This is also 100% factually wrong.

3. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,185
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +583
    That money, as said before and in the crowdfund page, has been used to update what is now known as Automobilista.
    Again: nobody said you wont have access to what is coming. If you got a preview you should actually be happy because it's happening. Or you'd rather still have silence? :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +2,902
    Define "DX11 graphics", please, thank you. Specifically the way you spot the difference between DX9 graphics and DX11. In general, not just in rF2.

Also, I believe Yebis effects are only used for replays.

6. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +608
    @Ghoults well you get your copy of AMS? didnt you ?

7. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +274
    You are twisting my words into something I've not said. Fact is the game is 1.5 years late with no progress reports or even mentions of any kind.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/at+this+time
    = does not actually mean that they are never going to post anything about.. or does it? "At this time" is not 1.5 years later than when they claim to have first version released to the public.

The devs disagree with you:
    "Whether you already own our games or not, this campaign presents an unique opportunity to join the Reiza bandwagon by contributing & earning copies of present and future games with very special conditions in one go. "
    Sounds like earning copies by paying money. It is like they are selling current and future games like they are saying they are (were) doing!

Anyways, I'm done here. Not worth posting if people don't read my posts.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  8. AmarildoJr

AmarildoJr

Ratings:
    +76
    I guess what she means is that, while it may run on the DX11 Api, some shaders are still quite awful. Look at videos comparing DX9 to DX11 back when rF2's graphics engine was "re-written" (that which IS a bs statement), it was basically the same graphics but with a bluer tint and brightness levels scaled up. So she's not wrong in calling it "fake DX11 graphics" because they were (and still are) largely DX9-looking graphics.

You can make your graphics engine compatible with DirectX11 all you want, but if you don't update/recreate your basic shaders it won't make the slightest difference since the game won't be taking advantage of whatever features DX11 has in comparison with DX9. In all effects, it still is "DX9 graphics".

So IMO she's not completely wrong in calling it "fake DX11", at least not when the gMotor was "re-written". For a better understanding of this, let's use an example: say I have an image and it's resolution is 1366x768. My monitor is also 1366x768. This is, effectively, a 720/HD image.
    Later I buy a new 1080p monitor and display this 720p image on the 1080p monitor, but call it "a 1080p image". That's simply wrong. The image is being displayed on a 1080p monitor, true, but the image resolution is still 720p. Calling it a "fake full HD image" is technically not a lie.

Personally I wouldn't call it "fake DX11", I would call it "useless DX11", but I see where she's coming from.

Still, S397 are doing some good work on the shaders, like the carbon fiber one. It's really good IMO.

All this coming from someone who stole assets (sounds) from RaceRoom to create a mod for rFactor 2? I'm shocked that the internet policing people are hypocrites.

She has a definition of what "fake DX11" is, and it is within her rights to call it that.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,562
    Okay guys and gals time to take a breath and dial it back before
    tumblr_mgg326k2O61qcv08do4_r5_250.gif

• Haha x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  10. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,460
    A few people should really find themselves another hobby. What a lot of frustrating arguments over nothing. We are discussing videogames here. We aren't on the battlefield fighting over life and death.

Don't have the time to crawl through 7 pages right now but I will during this weekend and handout some well earned penalties. Well done!

Mod-edit: ninja'd by Kenny

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    Mod edit: I know you meant well but let's move on

12. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +492
    1.5 years is nothing. Wreckfest is finally getting an official release after nearly 4.5 years.

And the truth is you DO mind it being "late" or else you wouldn't be raising such a fuss or being so confused about what you "bought" with your fundraising money.

13. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    @Moderators no problems at all :D

Back on topic, can you guys at RD have an interview with Reiza guys?
    Their forum was part of RD one they should feel at home and maybe @Renato Simioni can feel so relaxed to tell us something more :p we will keep the secret!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,185

:inlove:

• Beer Beer x 2
  15. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,432
    I hope that what ever engine they select, that there hard work will pay off and the next title can attract more than 10 people to the mp side.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +506
    ....another 'Crowdfunding' campaign from Reiza is in order now....I'm in, take my money

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. paracletus

paracletus

Ratings:
    +158
    It will be pre-ordered to show support.
    Can count on these guys to make it a great driving, guaranteed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. SamuelSouza

SamuelSouza

Ratings:
    +2
    I didn't knew about that, recently I bought the season pass so I could have some new content, now with your news, I'm stoked. Automobilista is a gem from my country!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 2stains

2stains

Ratings:
    +59
    I made a statement earlier that rF2 looks as good or better than pC2 in VR and I stand by that !
    VR is a great equaliser . pC2 has Soo much shimmer and flicker along with textures that drop in and out as well as even at max settings the LOD pop in from trees and cars is really annoying and then there is the blurry distance visuals and the shadows that flicker even at ultra . All of these issues are not present In rF2 making the whole visual experience far greater with the rF2 graphics engine .
    I think if someone disagrees they simply haven't played both in VR !

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Ville-Samuli Mutanen

Ville-Samuli Mutanen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +169
    My biggest issue with VR in rF2 is that the car models looks somehow transparent and shimmery. That makes me feel like I'm not watching beautiful physical 3d object but some shimmering 3d graphics instead. Where in AC watching car models in virtual environment is "unreal" experience, driving karts in rF2 looks kind of weird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.