Refueling/pit stop problem.

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having. I am racing with World Endurance series cars in the LMP2 division. I want to do long endurance races, so as a result I would like to be able to have AI drivers do stints in addition to having to drive myself. The problem I'm having is that when Driver 2 is driving under AI control he comes in to the pits to refuel, but never gets any fuel. Instead the car just sits there and never rejoins the race. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and how I might fix this problem? Thank you very much for any info that can be provided.

I believe I have figured out the source of my problem. First, for the user car if you want to have the AI driver two take a stint and be able to execute a pittstop without getting a dnf it appears as though you can't have the car take on a full fuel load as per the pittstop settings in the .HDC file. As long as this is set to some number that is less than the full fuel capacity the car will pit and exit the pits as it should. If you want to have the car full of fuel you can adjust it during the pit stop to take a full fuel load and there will be no problem. That has been my experience with this particular problem anyway. The other problem that can crop up with other AI cars is when you have the pitcrew detail level set to full for all cars. This will cause MANY AI cars to pit and then never leave. The solution to this problem is to set the pitcrew detail level to Player car only. With these changes made, I have now simmed 4 different full 24 hr races at 4 different tracks and had ZERO problems with cars pitting and never leaving. Thanks go all who chimed in to try to help out. It has been much appreciated. Now off to do some more racing!!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back