AC Reflex V12R @ Sveg Raceway - Sunday 27th November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes Brian , I tinkered away through out practice and qualifying to try and solve the cars braking and suddenly deciding on one lap corner to oversteer, then next lap not?
Using mainly the power diff and preload, there are a lot of combinations to go through, especially on a two minute lap.
In the end, all very unsuccessful.
:(
This car needs ABS and TC, yes I know others will not agree.:unsure:
For just me, the car is too unpredictable to race close to others.:)

Yes Brian , I tinkered away through out practice and qualifying to try and solve the cars braking and suddenly deciding on one lap corner to oversteer, then next lap not?
Using mainly the power diff and preload, there are a lot of combinations to go through, especially on a two minute lap.
In the end, all very unsuccessful.
:(
This car needs ABS and TC, yes I know others will not agree.:unsure:
For just me, the car is too unpredictable to race close to others.:)

I will post my setup in a bit when I'm on the PC. It was mainly the toe and rear camber that was causing the rear wheels to loose all control. 9/10 once they went at all they were gone, on the initial power slide or the corrections!
Brake too late or power too early and yes you will still get front lock ups and the rear breaking traction but both were very manageable.

Just to bleat on some more , :confused:I did notice the rear camber. That was a bit strange, seemed to like less camber than I would have expected, negative toe too?. Strange.
But for me in the end the car was just unpredictable. Spent an hour testing every thing I could and got some decent lap times out of it.
But could not get around its temperamental nature.
I really like this formula of none drs, kers, electronic crap lmp Type cars.:thumbsup:
But for me they cry out for ABS and TC.
Sounds like a contradiction!
But although I get on well with older cars without any form of safety margins, they have their own predictiveness to them, which I can deal with, with well defined areas of what you can and cannot do.
It may just be as simple as speed of reaction for me, you certainly get more time in a 60’s car to deal with oversteer than a highly strung lmp car.
The end

Steve,
I really do not think this, for “me” anyway is a setup problem, I can make the front end bite more, I can make it less susceptible to snap oversteer.
I just cannot get the car to be where I want in every corner, always overshooting the turn in , then not being where I want the car on entry and or exit.
This is mainly because braking is so hit and miss, the car is always in some way compromised on entry or exit, making it be at the wrong angle on exit and consequently getting snap oversteer.
For me this represent most corners at this circuit, so I really do not think setup is in anyway going to do much, if anything at all.
I already have brakes at lowest, can still easily lock the wheels, if this was a normal situation, I could , then it being worth my while externally adjust brake pressure.

Last edited:
Well regarding setup I did following: rear toe was on position 50 in the default setting, which was very much negative toein the live view (toe out), which - for me - is weird on the rear. I set it to position zero, which was around zero (minimal positve / toe in) then.
Further I set a little less negativ camber on front and a lot more on the rear (-1,6), decreased the ARB to zero on the rear and I think to 3 on the front. That were the main changes. I also softened the dampers on the rear and lowered the ride height.

The handling was really good then, I just had to be really careful with the throttle out of the slower corners. Trail braking worked very well. Mostly used the third gear instead of second to limit the risk of snap oversteer. It‘s just a beast with roundabout 600hp on the rear and 750kg, thats an incredible power to weight ratio.

Last edited:
Ha Ha, pretty much if not the same as I had it, except I then concentrated on diff power and coast, and dabbled with preload. The only difference was rear toe, that moved pretty much from very slightly positive to negative, no gains or losses that I could detect.
Reading your comments, I just could not get the braking right at all, power snap oversteer I can just about live with that.:confused: Oh! for TC.

braking was a big problem for me, as for trail braking, I could never find the trial to begin with.:roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%