Reducing vibrations of the rig with bass shaker?

Cheers to all I would like to know some opinions on my problem.Thanks!
I have a diy steel sim rig with 100w bass shaker mounted on the bottom of a seat really heavy and robust.
It works great even on very low volume but rig is on the 2nd floor of the house and it makes a lot of noise and vibrations on the 1st floor when I drive.Rig is long about 160cm and there is only thin carpet below so all vibrations come easy to lower house floor.
First idea was to put rubber blocks/stripes on the rig where it meets the floor.But that way it would be even harder to move the rig when I dont drive.
So another option is put this kind of caster rubber wheels.It will be easy to move rig but will this reduce vibration and nose on the 1st floor of the house?I plan to put rubber between rig and caster wheels to reduce vibrations even more.Thanks!

Have a look here, with ( a lot of ) searching you will find some ideas:

For example it is said there that isolating the seat from the rig will be benificial for for the driving experience and keeping the peace in the house ;)

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Have a look here, with ( a lot of ) searching you will find some ideas:

For example it is said there that isolating the seat from the rig will be benificial for for the driving experience and keeping the peace in the house ;)

MFG Carsten

OK I will look there.
I isolated the seat where I could but there is not much space for that.

Upvote 0
I found some really thick sorbothane discs that noticeably reduced the vibrations through my floor to the ceiling below.

Sorbothane is a polymer - but its particularly effective one IMO

A sprung platform would be better, depends how far you want to take it. As we know by now you can take things very far in this hobby. Too far :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok gonna look at those.Still it would be good if someone who fitted caster wheels with rubber can tell if noise and vibration is less there.
EDIT:some good info here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not a new concept but it has a major problem.
When you have something so freely bouncy/rebound like this will have.

If you ever test it with a large BK or something that can deliver full-range bass much better than these little toys he is using. Then that guy is likely going to feel like he is on a boat in a rough sea. :)

Some rebound is good but it has to be limited/managed.

This illustrates what I mean and this not on trampoline springs but heavy load industrial-based ones. Look similar to the MASON ones I have.

Fun experiment but totally uncontrollable and inaccurate
You will not use low Hz only for some form of suspension response, that won't work in sync/tandem anyways.

Imagine a 30 min race in this :roflmao:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What a mess haha I dont want to go that far lol
Gonna try with caster rubber wheels and some more rubber stripes between seat rail and the rig or sorbothane ones...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What a mess haha I dont want to go that far lol
Gonna try with caster rubber wheels and some more rubber stripes between seat rail and the rig or sorbothane ones...

Plenty of materials and solutions to try have been shared.
Keep us posted on how you get on or your own personal findings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
likely going to feel like he is on a boat in a rough sea
Underdamped springs provide the best isolation, in my experience.
Certainly, the resonant frequency of those springs and their supported mass
should be well below and harmonically unrelated to stimuli.
Damping reduces isolation. Absorbing energy requires substantial mass
for dampers to work against.

Upvote 0
Underdamped springs provide the best isolation, in my experience.
Certainly, the resonant frequency of those springs and their supported mass
should be well below and harmonically unrelated to stimuli.
Damping reduces isolation. Absorbing energy requires substantial mass
for dampers to work against.

Have you tried Sorbothane based products?
What other professional sound dampening materials or solutions have you bought and tested?

Exactly what experience do you talk of or can show from a previous or current build that you have.
You say springs are better, so did you go with springs, lets see the spings you used.

The OP only mentioned a 100W bass shaker so it's not as if his scenario should be the most difficult to accomplish a good working solution for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 218 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%