Resource icon

Database Reduced Tyre Wear 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I went trough every race with lotus in grand prix mode and it said 0 stops as default for all tracks except bahrain, silverstone and spain which where 1 stop and austrailia which was 2. Im not sure if its only the menu that is glitched or that if the tires will actually last the whole race, will try it out now.

This mod was made for Career mode, and I'm pretty certain the Grand Prix mode will have issues. Try this mod here for Grand Prix mode: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/decreased-tyre-wear-10x-flashback.75410/
Or this one: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/extended-tyre-life.75566/

I'm not sure which one works, but, they most certainly have a more natural effect than this one.

This mod was made for Career mode, and I'm pretty certain the Grand Prix mode will have issues. Try this mod here for Grand Prix mode: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/decreased-tyre-wear-10x-flashback.75410/
Or this one: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/extended-tyre-life.75566/

I'm not sure which one works, but, they most certainly have a more natural effect than this one.

Oh didn't read it was only for career, my bad :p. But now that I tried it in career it works perfectly, so thank you for your hard work with this :)

Gabbynaru updated Reduced Tyre Wear (100% race length; Career mode) with a new update entry:

Jerez and Brands Hatch updated for new tyre wear in GP mode.

The Jerez and Brands Hatch Circuit now work with the new tyre wear. Pit stops are in place, tyre wear is rather decent, and, yes, it's for Grand Prix mode. While the rest of the circuits work mostly on Career mode, since these two can't be in Career mode, Grand Prix mode it is.

As some sort of bad news, I think Imola and Estoril won't be able to be fixed right now, since they have no values in the database. So, if you use this mode, stay away from those tracks for a while, or make 6 - 8 pit...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great work, friend!
One question: I'm in a career in Shanghai... Does the mod work in an started career? Or do I have to restart it?
Anyway, very good job! And Thanks for your effort!;)

Great work, friend!
One question: I'm in a career in Shanghai... Does the mod work in an started career? Or do I have to restart it?
Anyway, very good job! And Thanks for your effort!;)

It should work from any point in the Career mode, so, you can continue from Shangai (As long as you don't continue from a mid-session save). Have fun!

Doing a 50% race at Brazil and the pit strategy is greyed out and I'm at lap 18 and the AI still didn't pit. Tyre wear it self is great now imo, but I hope the issues with Grand Prix mode and this mod will be fixed :/ Since I mostly do Grand Prix mode.

Doing a 50% race at Brazil and the pit strategy is greyed out and I'm at lap 18 and the AI still didn't pit. Tyre wear it self is great now imo, but I hope the issues with Grand Prix mode and this mod will be fixed :/ Since I mostly do Grand Prix mode.

Grand Prix mode kinda needs a whole new set of settings and testing, so, don't expect this mod to work with both Career mode and Grand Prix mode. Sorry. As for your race, Career or Grand Prix? Cause Brazil is pretty much the only track I wasn't sure if I chose the right setting for, since I started during rain and didn't even make it to the first pit stop before the weather bugs started showing up, so, testing was kinda screwed.

My race now was in Grand Prix mode. Ahaaa, that makes things clear now.

Yeah, the only Grand Prix mode races that actually work with the current settings are Jerez and Brands Hatch. And some of the 2013 races do end up having pits in them, but the tyre wear and the pits period is the same all around, so, can't say they work as they should. I'll try to play around with the settings and create a mod for Grand Prix mode too, but, I kinda need at least a day of break after all that testing. My eyes simply won't stay on the monitor anymore. Sorry.

Ooh well in fact I just might continue career mode then :p CM done a crap job on keeping the tyre wear for career and for grand prix separately.

Yeah, agree with you on that one. What's the point anyway, they are the same tracks and same cars (unless the car updates in Career have to do anything with it). Oh well, that's why the modding community is here. Never expect a perfect, flawless game nowdays. It's not gonna happen. But at least, if we work together, we can improve it to a decent standard. I suppose.

25% seems to work too, at least at Melbourne. But at Sepang, the time differences between the drivers in practice and qualify are quite huge sometimes.

Um, doesn't that have to do with AI difficulty? I didn't change that. It's always like that though, in practice, cars are the slowest, then become gradually faster as you get closer to q3, which is where the cars are the fastest. In the database, they have the highest grip in q3, so, maybe that's why. Or you just chose a difficulty that's a bit over your skill (no offense. I was also playing on Legend in F1 2012, but now I can barely keep up with professionals in 2013.)

25% seems to work too, at least at Melbourne. But at Sepang, the time differences between the drivers in practice and qualify are quite huge sometimes.

Yes this is a matter of AI, nothing to do with what the tyre wear changes. Particularly the difference between Q2 and Q3. Unfortunately, there really isn't any way to modify AI at the moment. I think theres a separate team working on this issue as well lol... Wonder if they've cracked it yet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.9%