Reduce view vibration on cockpit view

Is there a way to remove or complete eliminate the view vibration on cockpit view?

Was racing the P3 on Adelaide and it was very hard to keep the eye on the apex turns. I know the track and car combo would result in some shaky ride, but still.

As AMS2 is now I dont think you can get rid of all the view vibration.
But if you does fiddle with the world movement(I think it is named) it is possible to find a reasonable compromise.
I have found a reasonable compromise myself.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Be aware that in RL racing the view is often hammering up and down so it is even hard to read the gauges.:laugh:

Unfortunately you need an account to read those forums.

TBH, the view movement in VR doesn't really bother me, but that's because it's more like real life in that you automatically compensate more for the movement. I image that amount of movement with a static view on monitors must be pretty awkward though. They definitely said they were going to bring the AMS 1 view movement system to AMS 2, but I haven't seen any mention of it in the patches as yet.

• Deleted member 197115

What this Apps is doing

Biological facts

The feel of equilibrium, acceleration, gravity, and so bumps are not feel by the eye but with the inner hear. Wich is made of liquid and crystals in circular tunnels.

When the inner hear feels bumps and head motion, it instinctly moves your eyes to soften/filter/remove those bumps.

2 experiences to demonstrate that.
1) when put somebody on a chair, in complete dark, you film his eyes with an infrared caemras, you turn the chair, is eyes will roll too, even if he see nothing

2) this one you can do it yourself, looks at in front of you, at your screen, now shake your head, the vision will not move.

When there is conflicting information from inner hear and eye, you feel strange, it's difficult to focus on the road, and you can have nausea.

What happens in a car
When you are driving, you are looking the road, and all the bumps are filter/corrected by your inner hear, so the viewing of the track is smooth and it's the car cockpit that moving around you.

What happens in a Sim
Because you are sitting and a standing chair/seat, you head is not moving at all, so the inner ear is not working, the eye don't correct the bumps.
That's make 2 issues :
1) you can't focus on the road, the road is shaking and not smooth, it's difficult to drive
2) you can get nausea because you have conflicting information from eyes and inner hear.

How it should be in a Sim
The camera should stayed focus on the track and not locked to car cockpit,that's what my App is doing by filtering bumps and slopes.

"How it should be in a Sim
The camera should stayed focus on the track and not locked to car cockpit,that's what my App is doing by filtering bumps and slopes."

The funny thing is, the more the cockpit moves in VR, the more uncomfortable I feel. Back when I first started with VR it was what made me feel a little sickness, yet having the world move and the cockpit fixed had no effect on me at all. Neither makes me sick now, but having the cockpit bounding around in my view while the track stays steady still feels totally wrong to me. I settle for 50% WM in AMS 2.

Important to note that this is for VR though. I haven't played a racing sim in first person on a monitor for years so I honestly can't remember how I used to have things set up back then.

Definitely an interesting read. I think the problem with AMS 2 is that there is simply too much movement, regardless of how you decide to lock it. Locked to the world, the cockpit moves by such a distance that, in VR at least, it just looks and feels ridiculous to me. I'm forced to allow world movement to reduce it, which is not an issue I have in any other sim.

As I mentioned above I have personally found a reasonable compromise.
But when I see how the view still does vibrate on my monitor - then AMS2 is the only racing game where Im glad Im not using VR.:sneaky:
Because I dont think I could accept it in VR.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%