Reduce camera shaking

Shovas

Premium
I'm finding AC's cockpit camera to be too shaky for me. I feel fine in iR, rF2, GTR2, etc. but AC feels off. It's most apparent when looking at the horizon line and not being able to focus on it because of the car shaking. I know this is what it's like in real-life but I feel being locked 100% is unrealistic. At any rate, I don't have this issue with other sims.

I've tried 'lock to horizon' but when you dive into a dip with a steep rise (Moss Corner @ Mosport) you get this crazy effect where the camera lowers to the floor, you're staring at your feet, and it gradually pulls back up.

rFactor 2 has a 'lock to horizon' slider and I find that is okay. Other titles have something like 'world movement' which I have at lower percentages.

Is there another way to reduce camera shaking in AC?

I've tried 'lock to horizon' but when you dive into a dip with a steep rise (Moss Corner @ Mosport) you get this crazy effect where the camera lowers to the floor, you're staring at your feet, and it gradually pulls back up.
I think that's as good as it gets in AC.

You can use the Real Head Motion app ( a mod) which you may prefer. I think there's also an option within Custom Shaders Patch for this too but I don't know it much.

I've tried them all and settled on AC's own 'lock to horizon' which I find very good (except when I'm on a steep slope, when it's a bit crap, but that's only for a few seconds)

Ah, RHM is a great improvement right out of the box!

I use Content Manager integration but found I had to manully the RHM EXE and register DLLs but after that running from Content Manager seems to work!

Just 2D on triples.

Thank you!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%