Rediscovering R3E

Hi guys, for some reason R3E slipped under my radar but after playing it the last few days and testing some cars in the store im pretty impressed.
Previous to that i would have had sims like AC,GSCE and iracing as my favourite physics [althought i dont play iracing anymore] at the top of my personal list in terms of physics and ffb.
Recently i fell into the hype trap of pcars, enjoyed it to a point but then after 50 hours of gametime ive come to the conclusion its just too easy to get away with stuff you really shouldnt in real life,good racing game but not a true sim imho.
I had played R3E over a year ago id estimate and didnt give it much time but this time round i have and it just feels good out of the box, the sounds are just incredible, the way you can hear/feel the transmission fight for grip underneath you is just great.
Im probably going to buy some content on steam.
Im just wondering what others who have played the likes of AC,GSCE,rfactor etc feel about R3E physics and ffb?
It seems to be a sim that a lot of people dismiss and dont have on their radar just like myself.

I am enjoying it, but at the same time I am disappointed that the prices are absolutely insane, even on sale. I tallied up how much it would cost me for the packs alone (not standalone tracks or cars, just packs) I already own DTM 2013 and 14 so for everything else it would still cost me 118 euros. That is just crazy, I just don't have that kind of money. I'm still sure I'll probably pick up the bits I like the best over time, but it is expensive nonetheless.

They had a 50% off easter sale on all content. So patience , although annoying, can help.

If you buy the max vrp pack you can save 35% on raceroom

You also get some discounts on things, owning x gives you y at a lower price...although that didn't happen with wtcc 2014.

All in all, not cheap....but good. Keeps getting better. I have resorted to just getting one or 2 cars in a series...maybe a couple liveries.

They had a 50% off easter sale on all content. So patience , although annoying, can help.

If you buy the max vrp pack you can save 35% on raceroom

You also get some discounts on things, owning x gives you y at a lower price...although that didn't happen with wtcc 2014.

All in all, not cheap....but good. Keeps getting better. I have resorted to just getting one or 2 cars in a series...maybe a couple liveries.
You are right that you need to wait for the right time, but my point is that EVEN on SALE they are that expensive. Not moaning, I was just pointing out the one thing I am not enjoying on the game. The content I have is amazing, I love it.

RE3 is the only sim I'm currently playing. I love the FFB, the physics, the sounds etc and what's even great for me is that whenever I go online there is always a quick race I can jump into and have some quality racing. Apart from iRacing and AC wreck-fest, all other MP quick racing is dead.

Most drivers seem to be quite fast and I only encounters wreckers once in a blue moon.

I don't see pricing as an issue. I buy the packs I like but otherwise I just buy a single car so that I can still take part!

All in all, RE3 has been cheaper for me than the yearly rF2 subscrition (I know I can get the lifetime too) and the yearly iRacing subscription!

I have all tracks and many cars and I surely paid less than 100 eur. Though, me personally, I do not care as RE3 gives me so much fun and satisfaction that I am willing to pay and support them.

Though I know that not everybody can do that, but that's life I guess. :( These sims are not developed in a few hours, such projects require lots of effort, work, resources and money and they do not come to our computers for free. Tbh, I feel so lucky that we have these companies to gives us such great sims and I am willing to support and buy their products. A few beers a week is around 10 eur and Im more than willing to buy a track pack or car pack for a few beers :)

Last edited:
I was very unhappy with the track and car you get for free.
For some reason it feels absolutely floaty, the AI rammed me all the time on my practice laps and for that reason i even uninstalled it.

I then re-installed it last week and said to myself "Screw it!" and purchased WTCC 2013, DTM 2013 and GT Masters 2013 (together for 31.50€ which is a reasonable price in my books) and first WTCC quick race on Monza in a Seat Leon already showed that it was the right choice

Car, track and AI (although they were a bit weak - had the adaptive setting on) felt good - absolutely no comparison to the car+track combo of the free content.

I didn't like the business model at first, but now when i think about it ...
I just got a GT3, a DTM and a WTCC racing sim for 32€ ... absolutely no need for 2014's versions to have a blast and so it doesn't sum up to insane numbers.
Would just hope for Donington Park as i really like that track :)

It's a little expensive, the sales model isn't popular, FFB takes some dialling-in to get it feeling good, the game still lacks many core features, but......

R3E is my most played sim by far. All the others are collecting virtual dust.

I've spent a fortune on the game but have got hundreds of hours in return and hopefully hundreds more ahead as the game steadily gets better and better. To me it's all worth it. R3E isn't a super hardcore sim but it's plenty sim enough for me.

It's good to read that others are starting to give it another chance.

I see a lot of people commenting here that they enjoy R3E currently, but whose name seems to have escaped me completely in the Club Racing signup threads over here;
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/r3e-racing-club-leagues.15/
;)

We've got races up for all of next week where we'll be running Zandvoort, but there's still time to join us for a spin around Bathurst tomorrow Saturday in the Group 5 cars, or Sunday in the DTM '92 cars.
So please come join us! We've had some seriously great events so far this week!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 135 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 514 39.0%