RedBull punish Vettel by demoting him to Toro Rosso for Chinese GP

2ly05jd.jpg

Red Bull punish Vettel by demoting him to Toro Rosso for Chinese GP

The aftermath of the Multi 21 team orders saga continues to rage, and today it has emerged that Red Bull have mandated that their errant world champion Sebastian Vettel will be ‘punished’ for his disobedience in Malaysia and demoted to the Toro Rosso team for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Meanwhile, Toro Rosso driver Daniel Ricciardo will be promoted to Vettel’s Red Bull RB9 seat for the race in Shanghai.
Ricciardo will join fellow Australian Mark Webber in the team’s line-up, an all Aussie affair for the Chinese Grand Prix.

“The reason for this action is a result of Sebastian’s disobedience and ignoring the team’s Multi 21 call to hold station during the Malaysian Grand Prix. This measure by the team shows our resolve in dealing with the champion’s ill discipline on that day.”

“At the same time we are very proud to have two Australian drivers in the line-up of our main Red Bull team for the first time ever, with Daniel Ricciardo joining Mark Webber in the team for the occasion of the race in China.” - Red Bull Boss.

Thoughts?

Seen this earler, April Fool's finishes at 12.00pm :p
Time difference, my schedule is all over the place, just having logging in.

I was twitted this post and fell for it in the title but laughed in the message.

still 1st April here. meh meh. :whistling:

come on, some of us must have been fooled ... ahahha

but no seeing it here, I thought I pass the word hahaha

Even if this was true, it would probably cause a massive rift between Vettel and the RB staff. The most Vettel will probably get from the Malaysia incident would probably be a stern talking-to, anything more would seem ridiculous as he'd practically be punished for winning!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back