F1 2014 Red light behind the car... The ERS... ??? Some doubts...

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all friends.

I have run my first race-weekend and I'm feeling like playing F1 2013 with other cars... The same graphics, the same interface, the same menus, the same celebrations after the race...

But my question is... the red light behind the cars, means something or is only an ornament or decoration? It seems that the red light works in a random way...

And the ERS when works? All the laps? Certain laps? For me every lap is similar, I don't notice any difference between them...

Thanks in advance for your answers and help!!

As far as I know, the ERS works whenever you floor the throttle, until it runs out for that lap.

The flashing light means that the ERS system is harvesting energy for the ERS system on that car. It's meant to serve as a warning to the cars behind, that the car ahead may not do what you expect it to do.

i.e Braking performance may change when harvesting is being carried out. That sort of thing.

Yes, around 160 HP for approximately 33 seconds per lap (in the real F1).

The old KERS system was around 80 HP for about 7 seconds per lap

I have not had a chance to run the game yet. I am going to do it now, as soon as I get the chance :)

From what I gathered watching F1 this year is that when ever a driver lets up from the throttle or hits the brake the rear light will flash. I like this from a racing stand point because it makes it a little easier to out brake your opponents. In ref to the game I'm a little disappointed you can't adjust gear ratios or manually control the ERS but am enjoying the game none the less.

As far as I know, the ERS works whenever you floor the throttle, until it runs out for that lap.

The flashing light means that the ERS system is harvesting energy for the ERS system on that car. It's meant to serve as a warning to the cars behind, that the car ahead may not do what you expect it to do.

i.e Braking performance may change when harvesting is being carried out. That sort of thing.
I stand corrected. I was just watching a replay of my race at Sochi and I noticed the red light flashing on my car as I was flat out. My apologies.

From what I gathered watching F1 this year is that when ever a driver lets up from the throttle or hits the brake the rear light will flash. I like this from a racing stand point because it makes it a little easier to out brake your opponents. In ref to the game I'm a little disappointed you can't adjust gear ratios or manually control the ERS but am enjoying the game none the less.
Well in the real world they can't adjust the gears either this year so CM are just following that new regulation.

According to the info on Formula1.com - the light flashes for 2 reasons. One is wet tires, the second is when the ERS is harvesting energy under breaking.

In the game it seems like the light flashes randomly and not representative of when cars are actually under breaking.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back