Red Bull: 'We are Likely To Get Kimi'

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Kimi Raikkonen is firmly in the middle of Red Bull's radar, should Webber quit the Milton Keynes based team at the end of the season. Mark Webber was left fuming last weekend when his team mate, Sebastian Vettel completely disobeyed team orders to follow code-word "Multi 21" (Car number 2 finishes ahead of car number 1).

Image: YallaF1

Webber's Red Bull contract expires at the end of the 2013 season and he refused to comment on his future after the Malaysian Grand Prix. Red Bull's team owner Dietrich Mateschitz has told the press, that the team is definitely interested in Raikkonen. He also admits that he doesn't know exactly what's in store for Webber.

“Kimi is cool and fast and always a candidate.” The Billionaire told The Sun. The Finn has links to Mateschitz as he competed for the Red Bull-backed Citroën Junior Team in the World Rally Championship in 2010 and 2011.

Mateschitz also told the press, “Whether Mark retires, only he will choose, but Mark is definitely a candidate for 2014. He is always welcome with us, so too would be a quick junior like Vergne or Ricciardo from the Toro Rosso team. Sorry, I know it's a diplomatic answer which leaves everything open, but that's how it is. Everything else is pure speculation."

However, Webber has been linked with a move from F1, to take up racing with Porsche.
View the Post on the Blog

Kimi is not going to drive in any team next year if he's not #1 driver. It's not about money, it's about motivation. He's way too focused on winning the second WCC, playing second fiddle for wad of cash is not on his agenda. He is a realist, #2 drivers have multiple times worse chances.. At best, he could be interested in one-on-one fight with Vettel, they are good friends. But, as i see it, either he continues with a top team clear #1 driver or does something else for a year.. And comes back again... and again.... and again...

I would love to see Kimi in that team in a fair fight with Vettell, what a mouth watering prospect that would be. Never say never, but team orders would definitely not be accepted by the ice man!!

As Felipe Massa has said, there aren't many drivers like him. Webber is one of them, that's why he's still at Red Bull despite sub par performances the last 3 seasons considering the machinery he was given.

Now, that leave's Red Bull two options. Webber or Massa. That's absolutely it for them if they want a number two driver. I love JEV, he is an arrogant frenchman and he will not play second fiddle to Vettel, even for a drive in a Red Bull, Ricciardo I'm not so sure about, but he seems like a real racer.

I think Red Bull know this, they have put themselves in a position where no-body wants to be team mates with Vettel, and this makes the choices slim.

Raikonnen won't go to Red Bull.

I think Perez (or Button Even, but more so Perez) should leave at the end of the season, that will pave the way for Kimi to join McLaren, and to be instated as #1 Driver. Whoever goes to Red Bull will be making a bad Career move, if Seb is still there.

I hope Kimi stays where he is, at Lotus Renault. Why move to yet another team as you can win races here as well.

Good car, good team, good successful vision so far and don't forget that this original team has won a lot more in recent years than McLaren.

Well I don't see Kimi at Red Bull to be honest. Will be a bit of a Senna-Prost kind of duo. It would certainly be great for us fans, but I'm not sure the team will like this an awful lot.
I'd like to see Sebastian moving to another team, and Kimi stepping in at Red Bull. But of course that's not going to happen..

I think Perez (or Button Even, but more so Perez) should leave at the end of the season, that will pave the way for Kimi to join McLaren, and to be instated as #1 Driver. Whoever goes to Red Bull will be making a bad Career move, if Seb is still there.
rami Why would Kimi go back to a team that cost him 2 WDCs, that being 2003 and 2005? Plus he is probably more relaxed in Lotus.

rami Why would Kimi go back to a team that cost him 2 WDCs, that being 2003 and 2005? Plus he is probably more relaxed in Lotus.

I don't know, it was an idea :cautious: . Do you know what the future holds? If so, please tell me.

It was also what I would perhaps like to happen, doesn't anyone have a right to post their opinion?!

Do like the idea of this....yet, I think it will not happen. McLaren will invest in Perez, he is still young and learning. If anything JB could move on.....who knows. Its a lotto innit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back