Red Bull To 'Confirm Ricciardo Signing'

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Red Bull are set to confirm Daniel Ricciardo as their new driver for next season as a replacement for the outgoing Mark Webber.

Team principal Christian Horner admitted last month he was interested in both Ricciardo and Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen after Webber announced his plans to leave the sport.

And after Horner failed to convince Raikkonen to move away from Lotus, reports now suggest that Red Bull are ready to sign up Australian rookie Ricciardo for next season.

The 24-year-old has impressed driving for Red Bull’s sister team Toro Rosso this term, while he also did well at the recent Young Drivers Test at Silverstone.

Ricciardo was coy on whether he had been offered the seat when asked before the Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying.

‘I’m busy and occupied enough to be happy with what I’m doing. There is still half a season left, so there is a lot to do.’

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz appeared to let the cat out of the bag on Ricciardo in an interview after though, telling Sky that the team were ‘very happy with Ricciardo’ before adding that ‘an announcement on the new driver will be made very shortly’.

Ricciardo is currently in 11th place in the driver’s standings, having scored a total of 11 points from 10 races.

Image IBTimes
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
He will be a good 2nd driver. Don't exept him to do incredible resuslts and don't even think about a championship.
For the empty place at Toro Rosso, i would say Ericsson (Gp2) or one of their rookie drivers. I would like to see Bianchi in another team next year, he have potential.

The problem with this story is that it is taking Sky's broadcasters comments in account. Meanwhile on the BBC they were making smoke about Alonso's management team visiting RB, Vettel say he wants Kimi, Lotus say hes not interested.

Rather short sighted article that also missed the fact that Horner has said Wednesday will be the day they announce something.

It's clear to me. Horner knows he needs a number 1 and a number 2 . Raikkonen would not be happy playing second fiddle. The owner and vettel know that losing to Kimi could damage vettel s legacy. If they don't,t give Ricardo the seat, people and perhaps future champions are going
To question the redbull young driver programme. They almost have to give d r the drive. Whilst he never seems to have won anything, I do notice that everytime d r has improved and nearly won a series, he has been moved on to bigger and better things. He could do well. I,m sure he could fill webber,s shoes.

For the empty place at Toro Rosso, i would say Ericsson (Gp2) or one of their rookie drivers. I would like to see Bianchi in another team next year, he have potential.

Ericsson = Mercedes Junior(Like Bianchi is for Ferrari, it doesn't look like Rigon will get any closer to race a Ferrari)

But actually, Pérez has gone from being a Ferrari Junior to drive for McLaren...

It's clear to me. Horner knows he needs a number 1 and a number 2 . Raikkonen would not be happy playing second fiddle. The owner and vettel know that losing to Kimi could damage vettel s legacy. If they don't,t give Ricardo the seat, people and perhaps future champions are going
To question the redbull young driver programme. They almost have to give d r the drive. Whilst he never seems to have won anything, I do notice that everytime d r has improved and nearly won a series, he has been moved on to bigger and better things. He could do well. I,m sure he could fill webber,s shoes.
i think Heikki should ghet in the Red bull number 2 seat... but that's just me :p , and don't forget Kamui, he is a good driver, but not sure how he'll be in terms of a supporting number 2 driving.

Ricardo would fit the bill, but i think he needs to up he's game more and be abit more aggressive on the defense side of things because at the moment that's where he is lacking and he does tends to lose a few a places.... but a great driver never the less ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back