Red Bull putting pressure on Renault

Red Bull putting pressure on Renault

marko01eesgs.png

Helmut Marko is Red Bull's advisor of motorsport (copyright: getty)

After the disappointing start to this year's F1-Season Sebastian Vettel's Team Red Bull are putting pressure on engine supplier Renault and are thinking about changing to VW.

"VW are already providing engines similar to F1 in other racing series", Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko told "Sport Bild".

Compared to Mercedes Renault designed a significantly weaker engine this year. After 6 of 19 races four-times world champion Vettel is only 6th in the WDC, already 77 pts behind leading "Silver Arrow" driver Nico Rosberg.

In the constructor's championship Red Bull are even further behind dominating Mercedes, trailing by 141 pts.

Marko is therefore on high alert. According to "Sport Bild" Renault are on probation till the race in Austria (June 22nd).

"There we will have to decide on our future engine supplier", Marko announced.

Source:
http://www.sport1.de/de/formel1/formel1_teams/newspage_898492.html (german)

What a buffoon. Obviously Renault have no history of building great F1 engines or supporting junior categories for decades. What do VW know about building F1 engines.

As an engine supplier they competed for four complete seasons.
In two of them they came 2nd in the WCC the other two they won...

That's a pretty solid outcome I'd say. ;)

As an engine supplier they competed for four complete seasons.
In two of them they came 2nd in the WCC the other two they won...

That's a pretty solid outcome I'd say. ;)

I'm not going to get into a willy waving contest. My main point was he is a chump albeit a successful one. He is just putting pressure on Reggie to pull there finger out. They have just won 4 Championships in a row with Renault it's not like they don't know what they are doing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%