Red Bull PlaySeat

Having used one of these, the dead feet is a non-issue, and I have low blood pressure.

Seriously, if you're doing enough with your feet, then the muscles through there will be experiencing load.

However, long-armed racers will struggle-the wheel is quite close to your chest, as it should be.

But, as has been mentioned, it costs way too much.

Upvote 0
The pedals do seem a bit high from the pictures, but I would have to hold judgment till I actually sat and drove in one of them to give my opinion. I know that the formula cars do tend to have the driver almost on his back when he is sitting in the seat it seems . :)

And yes, I do think that a price of over 1,000 US is a bit steep for what you are getting.

Upvote 0
Is it me or does it looks like you can change the angle of the pedals and the distance they have from the drivers seat? (it looks like it) If that is possible then you would be able to get a seat that is the same as in F1.

Don't forget that you pay more for the name of "Red Bull" then the rig it self.

Upvote 0
Actually you may be right there Georgios, the pedals may well be adjustable in that regard. From what I can see it is very possible that the pedals and the wheel mount are both able to be moved fore/aft to allow for different sized pilots. And you are probably correct in having to pay for the Red Bull name as well unfortunately. I wish they would treat it like a sponsor and not charge us, but give us a discount for having their name on the rig ;)

Upvote 0
That seating position just looks plain wrong

Tell it to the all wise guys in F1 and FIA ;)

drawing04.jpg

here is another hint that could resolve some doubts LINK

Like TheoryD I made some "tests".
I've tried to get simillar position using racing seat, ikea's coffe table (as pedals stand) and wheel stand (similar to this one
it seems that the issue is in an appropriate setting angle of the seat(butt part) and the pedals so thighs have right supporting point. I tried couple setups and finally I've got quite comfortable position. After almost 2 hours of playing it was still OK (no numb of legs or back)
Of course it wasn't as comfortable as sitting on couch ;)

but the price is deadly...:(

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%