Red Bull Engine Supply

As it looks like the Red Bull and Renault partnership is well and truly broken.

Red Bull won't use Renault in 2016

What next for Red Bull? Mercedes for racing reasons and due to the fact Mercedes and Renault road cars have a massive engineering partnership that route seems well and truly closed.

Mercedes Board Rejects Red Bull

They have Ferrari and Honda (which would be ironic if that was their only choice) to cajole into supplying engines and also I presume Toro Rosso will need a new engine as well if Renault buy Lotus and just supply themselves or pull out altogether.

How the mighty have fallen.

I can't see anything but a Ferrari but would they want to be potentially beaten by Red Bull, I doubt it. What a mess.

It is a bad situation all around, although the rumour is Ferrari have no issue supplying the fizzy drink teams, which I find very strange why would you give a rival with more than enough potential to beat you your engine. If Ferrari do give Red Bill their engine I think they will regret it.

Ferrari as a brand would love to supply Red Bull, as they're a big name and could have a lot of success with their name on the engine. However, Ferrari as a team don't want to do it as they could very feasibly beat them.

I don't know what they are thinking, what guarantee is there that VAG can make a F1 engine, if two of the best F1 engine builders in the history of F1 are struggling how can they expect VAG to be a Merc beater.

The latest rumour is Ferrari will give them year old engines like Manor this year (LOL).

Well VAG are supplying quite a number of racing series and are the current Le Mans winner and WEC leader. I'd say the chances for them to be able to do it are there. :)

Or maybe BMW will make a comeback. They wanted ERS in the first place and left when it was not implemented...

I don't really know what incentive there is for a solely engine manufacturer, you don't get any recognition when you win, you get hammered by the team and press if your engine is not up to the job. For companies that sell cars there is zero incentive.

Does anyone buy a Mercedes road car because Lewis Hamilton won the World Championship last year? Most Mercedes customer are not interested in motorsport or F1, they buy a Mercedes because what the brand represents on the road.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 409 39.9%