Recreating Classic races

I have developed a bit of a fascination for recreating classic races from history and racing against AI.

I have been working on 1988 Tooheys 1000

And 1970 Le Mans

If you have done something similar, please share, as I am looking for more races to recreate.

I have developed a bit of a fascination for recreating classic races from history and racing against AI.

I have been working on 1988 Tooheys 1000

And 1970 Le Mans

If you have done something similar, please share, as I am looking for more races to recreate.
I have watched both your videos....very nice. You have comments turned off in Youtube. Is that intended or by accident?

I do not exactly recreate historic races, but i at least try where possible to recreate all kind of championships with real driver names, tracks, driver strenght and so on. Where Possible also install real skins and so on. Its like a passion for me.
I also add some fictional series with real cars and drivers. Here an example:

accc1.jpg
accc2.jpg
accc3.jpg
accc4.jpg

I do not exactly recreate historic races, but i at least try where possible to recreate all kind of championships with real driver names, tracks, driver strenght and so on. Where Possible also install real skins and so on. Its like a passion for me.
I also add some fictional series with real cars and drivers. Here an example:

View attachment 493334View attachment 493335View attachment 493336View attachment 493337
Very Nice, You have been busy. I was surprised you're not using Content manager. I find It good for adjusting the individual ai strengths. It has an extra setting of Ballast.

Very Nice, You have been busy. I was surprised you're not using Content manager. I find It good for adjusting the individual ai strengths. It has an extra setting of Ballast.
Yeah ballast is my go-to tool also available in vanilla. But also the restrictor can help at times.
Because i am Championship driver ONLY i avoid content manager so far. CM has still some weaknesses and probs in terms of custom championship mode.

However i am using CSP and stuff installed manually.

And yes, i am very busy :D these are 45 championships (no more possible in vanilla, i how sorted some more out :() with most about 8-16 races each. Every race (10min training, 15 Q, 15 Race). So a season can last half a year :confused:

And 1970 Le Mans

I run the 1970 Le Mans too especially as we have many of the cars, or close examples, lots of skins and most importantly my love of cars from this period.
I tend to run 24 laps synced to 1 lap equalling 1 hour and have the actual weather pattern set in Sol.
This video is just 6 laps but still sped up to 24 hours so you get the full day / night sequence and lots of rain through the night

I run the 1970 Le Mans too especially as we have many of the cars, or close examples, lots of skins and most importantly my love of cars from this period.
I tend to run 24 laps synced to 1 lap equalling 1 hour and have the actual weather pattern set in Sol.
This video is just 6 laps but still sped up to 24 hours so you get the full day / night sequence and lots of rain through the night
Very nice, thank you for shareing

This is the lemans 1967 track 50 grids start https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2333#post-13374775
Classic lemans start at: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2353#post-13380121

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%