Recovering normal flames behaviour

Following my installation of the DRM Revival mod and it's first update some months ago I discovered that all of the cars I have installed in AC now have puny exhaust flames, so faint in some cases that you can hardly see them even when you're racing close enough for them to singe your moustache (if you have one and you're in an open wheeler, obviously). I made some initial attempts to restore some fiery excitement by replacing the flame textures in cars texture/flames folders without success, and then ultimately decided that, as it didn't affect the driving experience I'd just ignore it!

Recently chasing some '67 F1 cars at Spa has brought it back to my mind though - its just not right! I need flame belching on the overrun - my unsinged moustache demands it! I have therefore been searching the AC folders for whatever flame related file is somehow overriding the flame files in the texture folders but without success. I even applied a flames mod that installed new flame files in every car's Flames folder without any change to the behaviour.

Can any of you clever people either a) tell me what's messing things up so I can fix it, or b) tell me how to reset the flame behaviour to it's 'out of the box' state?

Ahh, ok - I've sorted this problem! After much confused searching of ini files and related stuff that's far too technical for me, it turns out to have been obvious. I had post processing effects disabled! It appears that if one wants ones VR moustache singed one must have post processing enabled. Ah, I love the smell of burning virtual facial hair in the morning!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%