• 23000+ Members! Dear Guest, join the community on the official RD Discord server today.   learn more

Recover track from temporary files?

delu77

75RPM
Mar 16, 2009
Hi mates,
I was working to my track and I had a crash on my system.
Is it still available the recovery from the temporary files like in version 0.5 (opening with a zip viewer). I am working with BTB PRO 0.7.0.6
Thanks a lot,
Regards
Andrea

chub_pearson

250RPM
Mar 16, 2009
It's still available, but no more need to unzip. Just copy the file from your temporary files to your project folder and rename it Venue.bin

Erwin Greven

retired from this site.
Apr 4, 2009
It's still available, but no more need to unzip. Just copy the file from your temporary files to your project folder and rename it Venue.bin
The file you put into the project folder, is that the newest file, or are there more files needed?

chub_pearson

250RPM
Mar 16, 2009
The file you put into the project folder, is that the newest file, or are there more files needed?
It's only the one file you need, but there should be a lot to choose from. I just fiddled with my track for ten minutes and it generated 51 backups!

Generally it will be the newest file, but if BTB has crashed I'll often go back a few more in order to be sure I've got rid of the problem.

If you're working on more than one track you can pick out the right backups as they'll be the same file size as your track's Venue.bin file.