Recording ACC with OBS

Hi all,

Really sorry if this has already been covered but I'm having framerate issues when recording ACC in OBS. I can record Dirt Rally 2.0 absolutely fine using the same setup but the ACC footage is very juddery (I'm not sure how to see its actual FPS but I would imagine it would make for depressing reading!).

My gaming setup is an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 16GB RAM, M.2 SSD etc so while not the latest it's not too shabby. I'm assuming the stuttering is because ACC Is more graphically intensive than DR 2.0 so I started looking at capture cards and got a little lost. I connect my monitor to my GPU via DisplayPort and if I wanted to retain that AND install the capture card on the same PC, would it actually make any difference? Or would I be better off getting a cheapo PC and sticking the capture card in that instead using the HDMI passthrough? If the latter is the way to go, can I still play the games I want to record via DisplayPort and just record using the HDMI output?

I don't want to spend c. £150 on a capture card if in fact I'm still likely to have framerate issues with recording ACC so any help would be really brilliant :)

All the best,

Ben.

The purpose of a capture card is to install it into a separate PC that's set up for recording an external source, eg. recording gameplay from your gaming PC, console etc.
What are your OBS recording settings?

The purpose of a capture card is to install it into a separate PC that's set up for recording an external source, eg. recording gameplay from your gaming PC, console etc.
What are your OBS recording settings?
Ah yeah I was reading similar ta. I think I've sorted it, I changed the output video resolution to 1080p and it seems fine now, I think I was just asking too much of my PC really by using high resolutions.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%