Recommended specs to get decent FPS in AMS2?

AMS2 sure looks like it's going to be good. I want it!

But... I'm wondering what kind of FPS I could expect with my system? What's known about this so far?

I have an i7 4770k and a GTX 1080ti (with triples). Should I start saving up for another PC? Is AMS2 expected to be as demanding as Project Cars 2?

If anyone has any insight on these questions, I'd love to know.

We do know the Steam page has the system specs. Although it is pretty much a copy/paste of PC2.

unknown.png

I was able to run pcars2 pretty well in most situations on triples at 1080 / 60 on a 2500k (clocked at 4.5) with a gtx 1080.

It struggled in certain situations ( thunderstorms / large ai fields) but 90% of the time it was fine. I’m very sensitive to frame rate drops. I would imagine you’ll be fine, but it depends what you’re after. I reckon your cpu will be more of an issue than your gpu. It was the case for me.

I’d be interested to hear other people’s views, as I’m planning a new pc build this year for ams2.

First post. Yay!

Last edited:
I was able to run pcars2 pretty well in most situations on triples at 1080 / 60 on a 2500k (clocked at 4.5) with a gtx 1080.

It struggled in certain situations ( thunderstorms / large ai fields) but 90% of the time it was fine. I’m very sensitive to frame rate drops. I would imagine you’ll be fine, but it depends what you’re after. I reckon your cpu will be more of an issue than your gpu. It was the case for me.

I’d be interested to hear other people’s views, as I’m planning a new pc build this year for ams2.

First post. Yay!
Thanks for your informative first post. And ... welcome to RD. :)

You say "1080 / 60". Does that "60" mean 60 fps?

You’re welcome. Yes, 60 FPS.

I think I read somewhere that Reiza think some of their assets are lighter (resource wise) than the SMS ones.

With new gpu and cpu tech supposedly coming later this year, I plan to wait it out a bit for my planned new build for ams2. I’m hoping my (9 year old!) cpu will allow me to have a dabble just after release (when early bugs are being patched etc), and then dive in fully later in the year with a new machine.

My gtx 1080 could handle pretty high graphics settings at 60fps on triples, so if you’re happy at that framerate, I reckon your GPU will be good enough. Obviously, this is based on pc2.

I suspect your cpu will be struggling. I think a lot of the heavy work of splitting the image across 3 monitors was being done by the cpu in the madness engine.

I guess until the game is released it’s all just speculation, but my hunch is, a cpu upgrade might be worth pondering.

HTH

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years