Recommended Realfeel settings for Thrustmaster wheels.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Since I've read a few times on the net that users are having weak FFB issues with their thrustmaster wheels, especially the single seaters. I thought that maybe a thread giving helpful information would be useful. i suspect this will be relevant for the new belt driven range from ™, including the TX, T300 and T500s.

This will include good suggested Realfeel settings to paste into your Realfeel.ini (found in your root GSC folder), for the cars found in GSC and including any mods, that users encounter.

Related Fixes with wheel, and weakened FFB.
- Using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0.
- Up to date fimware drivers.
- Plugs and sockets all fully inserted.
- Springs and Damper in Logitech profiler set to 0%
- FFB set at higher level.

Real feel settings. (simply replace code found in realfeel.ini)

Formula3
[Formu]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1200.000000

Formula Extremes

[F_Ext]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1800.000000

Anyone please contribute. I know this can also be down to personal preference, so this can be purely used as base.

Last edited:
You better start compiling some FAQs and guides and help to pin on steam forums when the games come out.
People there will become easily frustrated if smth wont work. Be prepared, Reiza guys, some people will definitely have issues and problems with the game.

These don't actually improve the feeling of the force feedback, they introduce more clipping - less feeling, I believe you are better off tweaking the settings in control panel... I'll ask around for some help...
hello alex thanks for the comment.

Im confused, my old dfgt didnt have to do any tweaking with these, how comes my thrust master feels light/weak in the single seaters. The stock/opala feel fine..

These code changes just gave a little more weight to the wheel, obviously i know the heavier cars will feel heavier, but as brandon said, you could almost drive with no effort or force against your wheel.

You better start compiling some FAQs and guides and help to pin on steam forums when the games come out.
People there will become easily frustrated if smth wont work. Be prepared, Reiza guys, some people will definitely have issues and problems with the game.
yeah just running the game as admin, stops my game from definiitly crashing.

As Alex says, reducing the max force at steering rack from default values will increase clipping of the steering forces - there already is some clipping with default values, as otherwise most commercial wheels would feel too light at low loads. It is to some degree a personal option and weaker wheels might feel too light otherwise, but you dont want too much clipping, it might provide a heavier wheel at lower loads but that will mean clipping all the forces at higher loads.

There will e updated FAQs and guides in time for the new releases..

so guys i feel that for ex; the f3 cars are too light (drive with one finger) how can this be fixed?

I have a t300 Gte which is considered a quite strong wheel (and i agree) how comes it feels weaker than my dfgt in your formula cars?

cheers

For general information, the FFB strentgh is also influenced by the pneumatic trail as set in the tyre physics, there was some discrepancy with the older tyre models relative to newer ones which would cause some cars like the StockV8 to feel a lot heavier relative to others. This has been reviewed for the next version for a more consistent standard, meaning if you feel force is too light it will probably be light accross the board and you can just increase your FFB strentgh to compensate.

so for now, until the update what is the best solution for us thrustmaster owners. We have massive unbalance in FFB across the board, and i think your saying the F3 cars extremes classics are the correct ffb?

Could you list us the updated cars please.?

da :)

There is some imbalance, I would not say massive. Keep in mind the cars are also very different from each other, everything from weight, weight distribution and peak slip angles play a part into the FFB. All cars have been fine-tuned to one extent or another for the new version, not just FFB but in general, but for most cars other than the StockV8 the realfeel settings will remain similar..

I also don´t think there is one specific solution for TM owners, a T500 will be very different to a T100 but generally the game should work out of the box well enough for all wheels out there, if not necessarily for all tastes. It´s a matter of tweaking to whatever makes you happier.

I really don't understand the problem here? I have been testing my T500RS on most of the cars in GSCE lately and I feel it is fine. If not some of the best FFB I have ever felt.
I have my TM settings at 70, 100, 10, 20 (personal testing as I like a bit of wheel weight damping) and ingame settings quite high, and the V8's feel sublime, heavy, difficult and just how I expect them to feel. When I jump in say, the V12's, they feel much lighter, easier to steer but with increased grip and tracking obviously. I really would not like the lightweight open seaters feeling anything like the tin tops in FFB.
I have recently been playing around witrh the Blancpain mod and the FFB from those cars is also very very good.
I say up your TM setting a little and adjust in game and it should feel great.

Someone on the RRE board wrote this really helps.

CONSTANT:
A constant force will keep the same level in time. When a game decides to apply a force of x% of what the wheel can do, the "Constant" will keep that force at the same level.
Example: A driving simulator game will usually use the constant force to simulate the G-Force. It will create a constant force at 0% but, depending on the speed and the wheel angle, the force will be increased accordingly.

PERIODIC:
A periodic force will vary in time according to the type of periodic effect, amplitude and frequency. Because a periodic force includes an offset that has the same behavior as a constant force, some games will create a periodic force and merge an effect they would render for a constant force (like the G-Force) and a periodic effect (bumping road).
Example: A periodic effect gives the shaking effect on the wheel. At high frequency, you will feel it rumble... but in some cases very low frequency are used to create crash effects where the wheel first turns fully to the left, then to the right and then to the left again, before stopping. Of course, that depends on what the game developers decide.

SPRING:
A spring force is a force that increases according to how far you are from a specific position on the wheel. The basic spring force we could think of is a default spring center where the wheel goes back to its center position when you release it. But the force can be set to negative, which will make the wheel go further away from the center position.
Example: Basic spring force where the wheel goes back to its center position.

DAMPER:
A damper force controls how the wheel will react when it's moving. It is usually used as a (dynamic) friction or if you use it while the wheel gets back to its center position (spring effect), then it will behave like controlling the damping on a spring-mass system. A game will usually use the damper force in order to make it harder for the player to turn the wheel while in other circumstance make it feel like if it's very smooth and easy.
Example: Controlling the force you need to apply on the wheel to rotate it.
The SPRING and DAMPER effects are what we call Dynamic Effects, because they rely on information which depends on the wheel (position for spring or speed for damper). The Dynamic Effects are those effects which benefit the most from hardware force-feedback implementation (compare to software) - like in the T500RS - because you want a fast response based on how the player will turn his wheel.

The CONSTANT and PERIODIC effects are what we call Static Effects. Once the game sets them, they act according to the parameters set or modified through time by the game regardless of how the user turns the wheel. The game might adjust them accordingly, but they are not linked directly to the wheel position, speed or acceleration.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%