Recommended: RACE Series games to buy

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
We are mainly using the follow games/expansions in our racing clubs and leagues. This thread is to help you purchasing the games if you miss any.

If you own the full RACE 07 game you can buy the other games as "expansion packs" they are significantly cheaper on Steam as you don't need to purchase RACE 07 anymore. Have you bought on of the games above as a full game it will include the race 07 game as well and you can purchase the others as expansions.

If you have bought all the games above joining any RD racing club events or leagues is easy :)

You don't need to buy the overpriced RACE Injection pack as that does NOT include all the cool GT content from GTR Evolution as you can see. For 40 euros in total you have all you need.

It's december, good time for buying addons on Steam. I'm sure they will have price reduction. I'm missing WTCC2010 and STCC2. I swore to me that I would never buy anything from Simbin again. I've tried different sims and guess what..... yes, I still drive Race 07. I hate Simbin and love them at the same time. I wished they didn't make bugs and were able to correct them. Bugs are getting old...

so, did the steam had the price reduction for race addons yet? I wonder if i should purchase already or wait a bit more?

BTW, having race 07 and GTR Evolution, I just need GT power pack and STCC2 to have the complete stuff, if i don't fancy the retro cars?

This is what I did.

First, I bought Race Injection here, using sterling pounds instead of euros. It currently has a 10% discount, so it's around 22 euros:

http://www.dlgamer.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=race and injection&language=en

You get the steam code for Race Injection, you activate it and download almost everything.

Now, head to gamersgate and buy GTR Evolution expansion only (as you already have Race 07) for just 5 euro!

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-GTREX/gtr-evolution-expansion

Now you have almost everything, just missing Race On, for under 30 euros (27.5€)

I have Race 07, GTR Evolution, STCC (im guessing the first one) If i was to complete the collection i can see id need the GT Power, Retro, WTCC 2010 and STCC 2.

However do the Race On and Race Injection provide anything new in addition to the above or are they simply bundles of the above content?

However do the Race On and Race Injection provide anything new in addition to the above or are they simply bundles of the above content?

Race On is an expansion in it's own right. Given the packs you already own it would give you content that you do not already have. Eg, WTCC 08, Formula Master, some US muscle cars, and a couple of US tracks.

Injection is a compilation of content included in some of the other expansions. For those that have already bought most or all of the other expansions it is useless. However, for you it would actually add a great deal. Eg, GT Power content, Retro content, WTCC 2010 content, STCC 2 content, Cameros, and a bunch of tracks.

Note that the only Race On content that Injection contains in the Cameros, so you could actually get both if RO's other content is of interest to you.

You can find full details of what the packs include on RaceRoom:

Race On
Race Injection

Thats really great Ross, thanks for passing on your knowledge. From that it looks like its cheaper for me to get the RACE injection pack (£15@amazon) rather than buy the 4 expansions separately (£26@steam). I'm interested in Formula Master but will have to decide if it is worth buying the whole Race on thing just for it. Thanks again :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back