Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Will this mod work for GSC Extreme (I see you only mention 2011 and 2012)?

And would they work for triple screens?
These are the cam files.. They are located in your gamedata\vehicles\..
These settings will work i think for xtreme. But you can also play with the values yourself and make your own custom cams suited to Your taste. Just remember to back them up first....and when you run GSC_sync.exe....that it will replace all values to default. :)
You also might need a bigger FOV setting than is shown...because of your triples.

Thanks a lot for the info, Blkjello. Much appreciated!
In fact, what I sort of like most is a cockpit view but without any cockpit (or almost none) , or a hood view.
Do you know a way to simply have a cockpit view without any visible cockpit? Is there any easy code modification?

These are the cam files.. They are located in your gamedata\vehicles\..
These settings will work i think for xtreme. But you can also play with the values yourself and make your own custom cams suited to Your taste. Just remember to back them up first....and when you run GSC_sync.exe....that it will replace all values to default. :)
You also might need a bigger FOV setting than is shown...because of your triples.
Sorry, should have asked...
What's the difference between:
< GSC 2011 >
C:\GSC\GameData\Vehicles\StockV8\StockV8_cams.cam

and:

< GSC 2012 >
C:\GSC2012\GameData\Vehicles\StockV8\StockV8_cams.cam

Which one should I use?

If you are playing gsc12 then GSC2012 will be the folder....or C:\GSC2013 if your are playing the game with the xtreme version installed. If you just want to see the windshield\ part of the dash and the pillar... rather than the whole dashboard..etc...then i would do as Fernando Zart recommended and change the FOV. If you actually want to move the eyepoint, then i would play with the cam files. if you look at the cam file in notepad....

LocalCam=COCKPIT
{
Fov=(60.000000, 60.000000)
Clear=TRUE
Color=(164, 218, 249)
ClipPlanes=(0.075000, 500.000000)
LODMultiplier=(1.000000)
Size=(1.000000, 1.000000)
Center=(0.500000, 0.500000)
MipmapLODBias=(0.000000)
Flags1=(0)
Flags2=(0)
RadiusLimits=(0.000000, 0.000000)
OrientationRate=(999.000000, 999.000000, 999.000000) // Low numbers cause jitter when you're spinning
PositionOffset=(0.000000, -0.00, -0.000000) //(Left-Right, Up-Down, Back,Forward)
OrientationOffset=(-0.00000, 0.000000, 0.000000)
Radius=(0.000000)

You will see the PositionOffset settings, And in parenthesis it tells you what each value does. First one ist left\right....second is up\down...etc Try changing the values by 0.1.. or by 0.05 increments and see what you like.
The OrientationOffset values do the same left\right etc...... Except.... rather than moving you...it rotates your view.
Its kinda hard to explain but if ya play around you will see how it goes quick. :)

Hi Is their any way of altering performance of the ai cars to make it more realistic in the way in which drivers qualify and finish in a real race situation , great mod , good to see your working on the helmets , really appreciate your work

Hi Is their any way of altering performance of the ai cars to make it more realistic in the way in which drivers qualify and finish in a real race situation , great mod , good to see your working on the helmets , really appreciate your work

Yes there is, by creating talent files for each car/driver. @Keith Windsor is your man on this, he's expert in fiddling talent files.

Hope cross posting isn't against the rules. Well it must be as the forum keeps changing my posted address..........
Any how go over to Insidesimracing forums, GSCE and you'll find a recent thread on downloadable tracks.
Theres also a 2011 Bathurst track I picked up from somewhere else.

Last edited:
Keith Windsor submitted a new resource:

F_V12 Talent Files for Formula 1 1995 Season - F_V12 driver talent files 1995 F1 season

I made these talent files to go with Sebby70's excellent F1 1995 skins for the F_V12s. I have only tested them briefly, but they will produce a grid that matches the 1995 performance.

Please bear in mind that Sebby's files had a couple of things that needed editing in his files for all talent files to work properly, for example some of the veh files have two drivers names, so you need to look through the veh files and decide which driver you want in each car, and delete the other name;
also...

Read more about this resource...

Right, they are uploaded but wait a bit longer and I will improve them more.
They currently are not able to match Seb's VEH files properly, as Seb has some cars with two drivers listed, so the talent files will not work as well as they should.
I will add a set of 26 veh files to go with them and re-upload. Should work ok then when added on top of Seb's excellent skins set.

Keith Windsor updated F_V12 Talent Files for Formula 1 1995 Season with a new update entry:

F_V12 Talent Files v2 KMW

The first version of talent files would not behave correctly as they had trouble matching with the driver names in Sebs VEH files.

In ver 2, I have included a full set of talent files and veh files to go with Sebs excellent 1995 skins.

AFTER installing Sebs skins,

1) Backup any files before use.

2) copy these files in to their respective folders (i.e. copy the veh files into their respective team folders and the talent folder directly into the gamedata folder)

These will now give you a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Folks,
apologies for the string of small updates. I originally tried to do a quick set of talent files to add to Sebs skins, but they were not getting on with his veh files, so I rushed out a new set which included new veh files as well. Unfortunately I spotted a couple of errors and hence the updates.
Should be ok at ver 2.2, unless anyone spots anything else wrong :)

I would like to add some power performance differences to the cars which would make the spread even more realistic, as only so much can be done with the talent files, so I may do that in a later update if I get some time.

There is something wrong with you guys then, because I dont get any of this.
The tires on the Blancpain Mod works just fine, the only problem is after a spin or after a burn out. Which is pretty the way I expect to happen.
And I dont feel any difference in any of the others cars at all.

That's entirely possible. But this is seriously driving me crazy. I just reinstalled AGAIN, copied ONLY the blancpain mod folders (minus the UI), my old .plr, my Thrustmaster F1 controller .ini and config.ini to save myself time. I boot up, the tires start at 165* F, and I can spin them to over 500* F in a matter of seconds. If I do the same thing on my vanilla install, it stops around 230*.

I'm going to try another version of this mode I have, but I had the exact same problem when I loaded that one a couple months ago, too. :(

Can ANYONE tell me what the hell is going on with these tire temps?

Try doing it the way i posted to see if there is a difference don't take any short cuts to save time.
many have installed it this way and had no problems.
you can even make a new profile and cut down on any chances of something being wrong in the plr file that you copied.
click me
after you have it all installed and working you can use the GSC SYNC and update it. This will take the UI back to the default GSC one
you will also need to put back the reel feel from the mod as it over writes it.

Try doing it the way i posted to see if there is a difference don't take any short cuts to save time.
many have installed it this way and had no problems.
you can even make a new profile and cut down on any chances of something being wrong in the plr file that you copied.
click me
after you have it all installed and working you can use the GSC SYNC and update it. This will take the UI back to the default GSC one
you will also need to put back the reel feel from the mod as it over writes it.
I'll try it once more. I was able to use non-Blancpain cars with no tire issues while the old version was installed with that same PLR file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back