Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

im sorry but not entirely clear where/how i should drop the files. havent had a problem w/ any yet other than DTM not having sounds...dunno what i did wrong there.

just not sure which subdirectory i should drop these in. thx

I have been initiated into modding! Finally, I can say "I have modded"!. ;)

Last night for the first time (I'm new to pc gaming), I installed this Blancpain mod and some other tracks too.

Thank you @Andrew James and @Tim Ling for your help (I did a new, second, clean install for this)

The mod, and its installation, worked. Although there were some problems for me.

The view: my preferred view is probably the hood view, or cockpit view where very little (even none) of the cockpit is visible. In normal GSC, I can use cockpit view and push the seat forward to the point where I'm happy with the view; or I use the (something like) hood view and keep the 'camera down' key pressed on my keyboard with a stack of coins wrapped in aluminium foil/ (for weight) - yes, really!

However, in this Blancpain mod, none of the above solutions work. If I move the seat aft/forward, it doesn't go nearly far enough for my tastes, and if I use the hood view (with the stack of coins on the 'camera down' key (yes, really!) ), I have, like, the headlamps or something taking up a lot/too much of each of the side screens.

Does anyone know a fix for this? I'd be prepared to go into the code if that's a relatively do-able thing for a non-expert. I guess what I'd like is to have the view from the cockpit without the cockpit visible.

Another problem I had was that I would start what I thought was a race (after having unchecked "practice" and "test day" in the UI) and when it loaded, I was in the pits for a practice with some other cars going round the track. On one occasion, though, I was in a race, as desired. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you @Andrew James and @Tim Ling for your help (I did a new, second, clean install for this)

You're welcome!! Glad you got it working.

However, in this Blancpain mod, none of the above solutions work. If I move the seat aft/forward, it doesn't go nearly far enough for my tastes, and if I use the hood view (with the stack of coins on the 'camera down' key (yes, really!) ), I have, like, the headlamps or something taking up a lot/too much of each of the side screens.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Go into Options -> Display and you can change your 'Field of View' (FOV) settings. The lower the number the closer to the front of the car it'll appear. And increasing the FOV puts you further 'back' in the car, which might be useful for you if you're using hood view and want to see the hood on some cars (like the lambo). Personally I always use cockpit view as it feels more immersive, which if you're going for that takes some time to get used to but is worth it in my opinion.

Another problem I had was that I would start what I thought was a race (after having unchecked "practice" and "test day" in the UI) and when it loaded, I was in the pits for a practice with some other cars going round the track. On one occasion, though, I was in a race, as desired. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Are you sure it wasn't a qualifying session? The UI that comes with the mod can be a bit confusing at first, so take some time to get used to it. Alternatively, do as I did, and re-sync the game. It'll restore the default UI.

Hope that helps.

You're welcome!! Glad you got it working.

Go into Options -> Display and you can change your 'Field of View' (FOV) settings. The lower the number the closer to the front of the car it'll appear. And increasing the FOV puts you further 'back' in the car, which might be useful for you if you're using hood view and want to see the hood on some cars (like the lambo). Personally I always use cockpit view as it feels more immersive, which if you're going for that takes some time to get used to but is worth it in my opinion.

Are you sure it wasn't a qualifying session? The UI that comes with the mod can be a bit confusing at first, so take some time to get used to it. Alternatively, do as I did, and re-sync the game. It'll restore the default UI.

Hope that helps.
Andrew, Thank you very much. It does help! I'll be very happy to get into this mod and enjoy it properly.

FOV settings: great! I hadn't thought of that. I'll lower the number and see how it goes. Is it that if you raise the FOV number you see more of what's happening on the far left and right, and if you lower it, you see less of the far left and right?

The UI is a bit confusing, for sure. I'll look out for a "qualifying session" mention in there, to see if I missed it.

How do you re-sync, btw?

Cockpit view being more immersive: I use it for some cars, but I can find it breaks the immersion for me, funnily enough. I am going to persist with trying it though as I see that it is what suits most sim racers - so I'll see if I get used to it.

Andrew, Thank you very much. It does help! I'll be very happy to get into this mod and enjoy it properly.

FOV settings: great! I hadn't thought of that. I'll lower the number and see how it goes. Is it that if you raise the FOV number you see more of what's happening on the far left and right, and if you lower it, you see less of the far left and right?

The UI is a bit confusing, for sure. I'll look out for a "qualifying session" mention in there, to see if I missed it.

How do you re-sync, btw?

Cockpit view being more immersive: I use it for some cars, but I can find it breaks the immersion for me, funnily enough. I am going to persist with trying it though as I see that it is what suits most sim racers - so I'll see if I get used to it.

To resync, go into your install folder and run GSC Sync.exe. It'll check your directory and then list the files that are different - when this happens, click 'OK' at the top and let it do the sync.

FOV; the lower the number the less of the sides you'll see, yes. There's a way to figure out the correct FOV for your screen size vs the distance you are from the screen, but I've not got into that much accuracy, I just found a good balance for me.

Hi

There are a lot of mods around, and let's face it, the quality varies quite considerably. I've installed some tracks, for example, that were a bit of a waste of my time, basically.

It would be great if we had a thread where people could mention the ones they really recommend. It could save people time.

Which mods would you really recommend? I'm asking about mods that are pretty much at the level of the original GSC Extreme game? Or even better - is that possible?

I know I'll catch Hell for this but this is exactly why I don't bother with user created mods. The quality can vary wildly and there's really no guarantee you're getting the same level of quality or accuracy that you get from the game developers. This is no insult to modders that are creating their own content, occassionaly some brilliant stuff is created but I simply don't have the time to download, install and test every piece of content that comes out to check its quality and relying on user reviews for mod content should be taken with a grain of salt because you're at the mercy of the reviewer which may not really know much about what they're reviewing other than "OMG, this Ferrari is badass."

Billy, I agree with you that such a thing would be nice (I would love to know that too), but I'm forced to agree with Blkout that every person is different, so would be every "vote".
There's this "star system" in place on the GSC donwloads which can be used to get a hint about the quality of the track/mod. I tend to trust it if the ratio "stars/number of votes" is high on both ends. :)

Just to keep on the thread, I personally like the BlancPain (for GSC 2013), DRM and Legends Car (for GSC 2012, but they work) mods. I would give them 9/10 (there are small glitches that takes away the 10/10 score, but they are perfectly negligible during play time). I've personally converted the HistorX mod and it is brilliant too. It even supports GrindingTranny plugin (which causes you to miss shifts if you don't do it properly on these old cars!) Too bad I can't release it to the public.
Tracks: I would recommend Bathurst 2011 and Vanport. Not sure if Bathurst 2011 is legal, though.

Will keep an eye on this thread to see if something else appears. I'm really fond about old stuff racing (60/70/80).

Cheers

Marco Versele submitted a new resource:

Missing Track Textures - Missing files when you get an error message with some converted mods

Some converted tracks generate error messages such as "missing sky, material, ..." or something like that.
In order to avoid possible errors, first take a copy of all files in the '\GameData\Locations' folder. No need to copy any subfolder.
Extract the attachment in your main GSC installation folder.
Succes.

Read more about this resource...

To resync, go into your install folder and run GSC Sync.exe. It'll check your directory and then list the files that are different - when this happens, click 'OK' at the top and let it do the sync.

FOV; the lower the number the less of the sides you'll see, yes. There's a way to figure out the correct FOV for your screen size vs the distance you are from the screen, but I've not got into that much accuracy, I just found a good balance for me.
I re-synched, which seems to have worked, so I've got the old ui back. But how do I then find, say, the Blancpain cars? They don't appear to be anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%