Recommendations

Hi Guys.

I'm currently looking to get a fairly good racing wheel, but one that isn't going to make my bank balance scream at me for eating it away.

What would you guys recommend for the following:

I play on Xbox 360, would like to have pedals with the wheel if possible but if not I'm sure I could cope. I'm mainly going to be using this with F1 2011.

What wheels are pretty good but if possible not too expensive, as the only wheel I really know about is the official one and I don't know how that compares against other competitors in the market.

Thanks for any help guys!

It really depends on your budget and how serious you want to get. You can buy wheels that range in the $50 US range to well over $500. If you give us a ballpark you are prepared to spend on one, we might be able to further assist you.

Upvote 0
I'd probably say my maximum is £100 - £200 if I decide to save for a few months, if I was to buy one straight out then I probably would want to pay much more than £50 but I'm tempted to save for a little bit just to get one which is fairly good, maybe not the best but good enough.

Upvote 0
If you can save a little bit, I would hold out to get the Logitech G27 if it is compatible with consoles. I have used lesser wheels most of my sim driving life, which is over 6 years hehe. I just got a G27 and the difference is huge. You won't regret waiting for it. If you can't wait, the options really are limited as the quality drops off dramaticallly. Look on eBay for a used G25 or G27, or get a Driving Force GT.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately the G25/27 isn't compatible with the 360, although I have seen you can get an XCM converter that will make it work but without the force feedback, which may lose some of its feel, I'll have a look for a Driving Force GT and see if they have a 360 one!

Upvote 0
you should also look at the fanatec site to see what they have to offer, there might be something there that would fit in your budget and they make some nice stuff. I know for sure at least 1 of their wheels will work with the 360

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 63 6.8%
  • < 5 years