Recommend a steering wheel wrap?

My Fanatec BMW rim's alcantara has a few wear holes and the stitching is beginning to fall apart. Can anyone recommend a wrap or similar treatment to replace the alcantara?

There are plenty of diy instructions on the internet but personally i wouldn´t recommend it.

Maybe Fanatec is able to sell you a replacement rim or you could have a professionel rewrap your wheel.
Here in Germany there several shops that can do that for real life steering wheels, can´t see areason why they can´t repair yours?

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Here in Germany there several shops that can do that for real life steering wheels, can´t see areason why they can´t repair yours?
I'm in the wilds of west coast USA, so no such shops remotely local. Salmon swim into my backyard, elk herds collect to graze here, & there's a strong DIY element. I'd rather mess up my existing rim via DIY than buy another one or wait weeks for the turn-around of a Fanatec repair.

There's a common saying amongst FIAT owners in the USA, "why pay someone to screw it up when you can screw it up yourself for free?" Well, okay, it was said first by a Canadian, but my point still stands ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can see your point.:)

From the looks of it ( but you need to check) Fanatec uses the usual 70mm 5 bolt pattern.

So it would be possible to get a cheap wheel e.g. from Craigs list for the interim period while waiting for a repair/replacement or go all the way and get a complete new rim.

Here some examples, more research needed!

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back