Recommend a sim rig

hi guys
could really do with some suggestions please.
i was looking at buying a GT Omega Evo, but I've just been to there website and it's been removed completely :(
so I've been looking at other rigs, to me it has to be a sturdy rig, and as small a thumbprint as possible.
I've looked at the RSeat's RS1 Basic, which i like very much but I've noticed its a right hand drive rig, and me living in the UK just seems odd.

so any suggestions to other rigs available would be greatly appreciated :)

Probably be a good idea to drop Leo over at GT Omega an email to see if he is just updating the Evo. Very much doubt its gone EOL. He has been updating a few models recently such as his Wheelstand parts.

Upvote 0
Only gripe i have with my evo is the plate that the wheel attaches to, had a bit of play and some flex, i had to pack some shims under the plate to remove this flex. I wonder if the new seats are gonna be available as an upgrade for the older evo's.

previous thread that shows one of the places i was getting some play, pics about half way down first page
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...-been-tearing-my-hair-out.80675/#post-1616498

Upvote 0
Only gripe i have with my evo is the plate that the wheel attaches to, had a bit of play and some flex, i had to pack some shims under the plate to remove this flex. I wonder if the new seats are gonna be available as an upgrade for the older evo's.

previous thread that shows one of the places i was getting some play, pics about half way down first page
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/sub-€300-sim-rig-been-tearing-my-hair-out.80675/#post-1616498
Awesome...thanx for the heads up Marc
the only other thing i'm a little concerned about is that I'm 6ft 2 so i may get a little flex in the middle just in front of and below the seat, if you get were i mean :)

Upvote 0
I'm 6ft 1 myself and one of my friends is 6ft 5 and neither of us has found any problems with flex in the middle of the frame like I saw the ISR review mention, the main frame seems very rigid. I gave all the bolts a nip up after a few weeks of use and it hasnt really loosened since. I was checking the gt omega site the other day and noticed he has a new rig called the ART, looks like another solid cockpit and i like the way the wheel plate is angled slightly.

Upvote 0
thanx again Marc, good to know about your heights not being a problem.
and yes it was on the ISR review that i saw the flex.

yeah i think the ART does look rather rigid, but there is something about the EVO that keeps pulling me back, also Leo (from GT Omega Racing) has sent me some pictures of the new seats this morning, and they should be live on the site over the next couple of days. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm a very happy evo owner for just over a year now. It's a fantastic piece of kit, especially at the price. I have no flex in my base at the joints and I still think they had the bolts in the wrong way round in that review. They have silver showing outwards, but it should be black. Rock solid rig with my t500. I too have used a slither of metal to prevent what was some slight sideways movement of the steering column.

Upvote 0
well I'm a very happy sim racer now, oh and i don't appear to be getting any wobble on the wheel mount with...... :)

10285124_10152330415895891_670489141004083052_o.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%