F1 2013 rear mirrors in cockpit view extrem low resolution

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Did this from day on as it looked horrible as you said.
Open up the hardware_settings_config.xml thats in your documents folder with wordpad or notepad and look for 'mirrors enabled' line.
copy and paste this :-

<mirrors enabled="true" forceBilinear="false" width="2048" height="512" car_maxlod="0" car_culldist="500.0" />

and then obviously save it.
Interesting, because I have that setting by default .....

Yup ..... really :)

That's why i ticked NobbyMilo's post as informative, I thought 'sounds like a nice little tweak'. When I opened the file it was there already. It looks like @Mike Partington is the same, as he ticked 'Agree'; above

Yep, that is my setting by default too. I thought exactly the same. The mirrors are most definitely useable and a reason why I haven't changed my cam to be much further forward this year.

Thanks NobbyMilo. I had same settings as Tobias despite monster graphics card, triple screens, maxed out settings etc - but low res mirrors. Thought it was supposed to be that way tbh since no one else had complained.

But it's sweeeet now!

Did this from day on as it looked horrible as you said.

Open up the hardware_settings_config.xml thats in your documents folder with wordpad or notepad and look for 'mirrors enabled' line.

copy and paste this :-

<mirrors enabled="true" forceBilinear="false" width="2048" height="512" car_maxlod="0" car_culldist="500.0" />

and then obviously save it.

WOW! Thanks a million for really saving my $50+ hard-earned investment in this million-flawed product!! Their ego engine is absolute crap at detecting GPU-cards capabilities!

Look at that awful junk I had in my hardware_settings_config.xml file:

<mirrors enabled="false" forceBilinear="true" width="256" height="64" car_maxlod="4" car_culldist="0.0" />

No wonder I had to go the the game's graphics settings each time (so annoying), and STILL get ugly jaggies in all cockpit-view mirrors, thanks to Ignorancemasters' bs...

You saved my gaming experience! I should have sent my money to you instead of these know-nothing narcissists!

KUDOS!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unfortunatly on PS3 I can't modify anything and the rear mirrors are awfull.... Same for the reflection of my engineer on the nose of my F1 when I get out of the pits... It amazes me that they didn't get it right....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back