Rear end issues with RSS GTN cars

So i have noticed that the RSS GTN cars keep losing the rear when braking in a straight line, I thought it was my bad driving but then i tried the cars in the RSS GT pack and the default GT cars and none of them did this.

Does anyone else notice this with the GTN cars and if so how do you counter it, is there a brake or suspension setting I can change?

Ok surely there must be someone else on these forums who owns this mod that can tell me if I am going mad?

I have tried multiple other GT cars, from RSS, URD and vanilla and not one of them loses the rear during braking...moving the brake bias didnt help

So either:
a) both real world Ferrari/Porsche NGT cars were really bad to drive
b) the guys at RSS have screwed up their mod
c) the my mod files are corrupted (although i did DL them fresh)

Someone please help as this is one of my favourite cars and I just cant enjoy it

Oh i hate computers and software sometimes...the moment I started recording the car started behaving normally...no idea why, the only thing I changed was to show pedal inputs for the video.

If it starts playing up again I will try to record it

Last edited:
I've got the GTN cars, but never really driven them much. I've just tried the Ferrari at Monza on the default setup, and the only way I've had the rear come around under braking is either when trail-braking too much into a corner, or putting a wheel on the dirt.

Full-on braking at the end of the straight gives no handling issues for me. I'm, by no means a fats driver, however. (was lapping in high 1:54s, low 1:55s)

I think I know what you mean, the Porsche is pretty tricky to drive, you need to be careful on the brakes because if you brake too hard it will spin out. I'm not an expert at all, but I just assumed it's because of the engine placement and that it's propably supposed to be like this. After some practice you can get used to this but it's still tricky. However Ferrari 360 has been very stable for me, way easier to handle than the Porsche. I use default setups and auto blip & auto clutch.

Last edited:
So i have noticed that the RSS GTN cars keep losing the rear when braking in a straight line, I thought it was my bad driving but then i tried the cars in the RSS GT pack and the default GT cars and none of them did this.

Does anyone else notice this with the GTN cars and if so how do you counter it, is there a brake or suspension setting I can change?
Hi Chugster2204,
I have the RSS GTN car pack as well as nearly every other RSS car. It took me a while to learn to love the GTN cars due to them losing control easily, which mostly happened if I touched the brakes in anything other than a straight line. I have found the only solution is by reducing brake pressure to 90% or even a bit lower and then raising the brake bias to around 67% so they use their front brakes a lot more. Without doing this I couldn't make it around any track without spinning out.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 200 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%